Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Days To Kill In Kansas... Live 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We both had great hunts. 8 does for me & 3 spikes.

I guess I'm gonna sit in Kades lap tomorrow. This guy had a rabbits foot hid some where. He was Doe hunting on a different property and saw 2 shooters chasing does and 2 young 8's throw down in a field.

Back at it tomorrow. Thanks again for all the support.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck tomorrow! This weather is getting perfect behind this front. Tomorrow there will be blood!

Comment

Awesome buck Kade, Congrats! Good luck on another KS beast

Comment

Good luck tomorrow, its been a fairly slow day here. We're about 40 miles north of you. Everybody saw deer, but nothing real exciting.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to your bro on the big 6! Stud

Comment

Congrats!
              I got home from KS last Fri and this thread has me ready to get back up there

Comment

I'm about to head to the stand. Changing properties this morning. I'll be tucked off in a big Creek bottom in some big timber where Kade saw the shooter yesterday.
                I won't have enough service to update but I should be able to text.
                I'll get Justin to update for me as I see deer.
                Gonna sit all day in hopes of getting it done.
                ON THE GRIND!

Comment

Good luck today.

Comment

Get ‘er done this morning!

Comment

Good luck

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                      Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Awesome hunt so far. Keep after it

Comment

Service is super sketchy!

2 small bucks
                          1 doe.
                          Sitting in a beautiful Creek bottom. Big draw draining into a Pond to my South. Wind is blowing across the pond.
                          I'll be here till dark.

It's a beautiful day!

Comment

Update from Heith.

Bucks are on their feet. Young 8 point at 20 yards tall & heavy will be nice deer next year. Young 9 point cruising the timber. Dink 6 point all in 30 min.

Comment

thats a great 6. Good luck on today's hunt

Comment

WHAT A DAY!!!!

I’ll try to keep it short guys. Sorry for no updates. Super sketchy signal.

Ran my battery down trying to get text out to Justin as the day went by and my portable charger died too.

I had a pretty good walk in to my spot this morning. Kade dropped me off early. I was in the stand an hr before daylight. He went and took all our sets down today while I hunted. And then he hunted this evening for a Doe.

I had deer on me all day. Lots of cruising in the timber.
                                Pics from today...

So at 1:00 I had 5 % left on my phone so I put it in my pack.
                                I pull my lunch out and I’m eating a sandwich and catch movement to my East.
                                Buck coming down the ridge.
                                5 on 1 side is all I see. He is cruising.
                                I grab my grunt and hit it a few times. Dude locks up! I snort wheeze at him and he immediately bristles up and snort wheezes back at me and starts making a scrape and whooping a limb down. We go back & forth a few times with the snort wheezing. He has had enough and starts to walk off. I grab my horns and tickle them a few times and here he comes mad as all get out.
                                10 yards, snort wheezing, bristled up, Whack!!!
                                I smoked him! He made it 30 yards and piled up.

I grab my phone out of the pack and remember I have no signal and not much battery left. I give him 10-15 min. Seemed like an hr. Climbed down and went to him.
                                9 point, public land buck, rattled to me, with lots of communication. What an exciting hunt!!!!
                                I took 5 pics and my phone died. I had to wait on Kade till dark. We got him out in a cart. Both of us sweated down and cold. I was so excited and in a hurry to get him back and skinned, I didn’t even take any more pics with him. Me & Kade are tickled to death with this week. We made lots of memories together and will never forget this hunt.

Last year it all came down to my last hunt in the last few hrs. This year was my second to last hunt to get it done. I guess I’m making progress.

Really appreciate everyone following along and all the support. We have worked our butts off this week and it paid off!

We’ll be packed up in the morning and headed to Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X