Want to see your Dark chocolate colored cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to see your Dark chocolate colored cabinets

Want to see your Dark chocolate colored cabinets so I can get ideas on what color to paint mine.

Please post picture and name of paint color used a long with where you bought it ( Ex: Sherwin Williams)so I can start looking as my builder needs the paint color and ASAP but I can't come up with a color I want.

Thanks for helping out

Simple. Go to any store that sells paint. Look at the pallet. Pick a color.

Why complicate things when you don’t have to ???

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      Simple. Go to any store that sells paint. Look at the pallet. Pick a color.

Why complicate things when you don’t have to ???
      He's probably wanting to see because what looks good in the store on a tiny sample doesn't give as clear of a picture of what a whole bunch of it will look like. My guess

Comment

These are in my man cave. They are not painted, but stained. They are KitchenKraft and were bought at Lowe’s. I think the color is called Slate. You could go to Lowe’s or HD, look thru the sample doors in the cabinet dept, and if you find a color you like, take the door to the paint dept and have them match the color.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          He's probably wanting to see because what looks good in the store on a tiny sample doesn't give as clear of a picture of what a whole bunch of it will look like. My guess

I understand... what looks good in someone else’s house, may not look good in his house.

Comment

I dont have any dark chocolate cabinets but I will say: If your room has a lot of light (natural or artificial) the dark chocolate will be an awesome look. If it is small and only a little light, it will be very difficult to keep it from a gloomy look.

Comment

Here is our small living quarters inside the shop we are currently living in while our house is being built. The cabinets are knotty alder but I’m not sure on the stain color. If interested OP I can try to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Here is our small living quarters inside the shop we are currently living in while our house is being built. The cabinets are knotty alder but I’m not sure on the stain color. If interested OP I can try to find out.

That's what I'm looking for but mine are not stained- mine will have paint..

It will be difficult to get that stain in paint

Comment

Espresso is the color. Atleast that’s what David weekly said

Comment

RiverRat00

If you are painting those yourself, you can get that stained color look with a paint treatment. Maybe brush on the lighter color first then come back with the darker and wipe n or even better, paint the light color then go back and stain over that to get the same effect.

There are ways...spend some time at the paint store, they should be able to give some insight.

Or try looking on Pintrest...always more ideas than you have time for

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                      I understand... what looks good in someone else’s house, may not look good in his house.
                      ok

Comment

Builder should be help with needed info form subcontractors and suppliers.

Comment

Builder is of no help- he has no clue.

I have to paint them because the wood has already been primed- I guess i should have gone with stain instead..

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post

Espresso is the color. Atleast that’s what David weekly said

I like that color scheme- is espresso part of the Sherwin Williams line of pains?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                              Builder is of no help- he has no clue.

I have to paint them because the wood has already been primed- I guess i should have gone with stain instead..
                              I am not a professional but I can build some cabinets. It depends on what the cabinets are made from that will tell you whether or not they can be stained or painted. Good hardwoods such as maple and cherry can be stained or painted while cheaper plywood’s, mdf, poplar etc. are better suited for painting.

A simple google search such as “ dark brown painted kitchen cabinets” (click on the images tab on top) will have many more pictures of what you are looking for.. You could also go to the S-W website and look at their browns.

I am building and painting cabinets as I type this but they are a darker blue.
                              Last edited by sendit; 03-11-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X