Wilson County Rut Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilson County Rut Report

How has the deer movement been in your areas? I'm in the La Vernia/Stockdale area and movement has been next to nothing. Had a pack of dogs run though my pasture this last week and wondering if they're the reason it's been slow??
    The rut was this time last year for us but I haven't seen any sign yet.
    Thanks for the input info��

We live in woodvalley acres off 775, dont hunt but havent see any deer running like they were earlier this month. The bucks come in and run the neighborhood does pretty hard. Thats about the only time we see bucks period.

Comment

Yesterday evening I was out on my place had a doe at the feeder all a sudden big 9 rolled rite in on her tail chased her rite off there moving but nothing like the action at the beginning of the month. Good luck keep at em where abouts you huntin

Comment

Just south of La Vernia here and we're seeing more deer moving now that the acorns seem to have been eaten, at least the ones out at our place have been. I hand corn every morning and evening and the last few mornings we've had does waiting for corn in the morning and mixed does and bucks doing "frisky things" in the evenings. I don't know if it's the actual rut starting or just them moving around a bit more looking for feed.

Richard.

Comment

Heck yeah them acorns are killer but I thought the rut had passed? Seen some crazy stuff goin on at the beginning of the month.

Comment

Ended yesterday, you missed it.

Comment

Hmm.. TPWD shows the rut running from 9 November till 1 February over the last three years down here.

Richard.

Comment

I seen it hit on the 8th exactly in my part of Adkins seen 15 bucks chasein doe

Comment

But shoot I don't know hopefully it's still on more time to hunt

Comment

Anyone local here and doing any hunting tomorrow it's going to be a little colder then most mornings.

Comment

The 2nd wave of the rut got rolling this last week or so and should be really good hunting the next couple of days. The majority of rut activity will usually happen that 1st or 2nd week in November.

Comment

Nice let's see what's going to happen the weather should be in are favor if a storm don't decided to roll through

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm hunting just outside Sutherland Springs. I thought maybe the warm weather had slowed things down a bit and like I mentioned I really believe the strays are keeping the deer on the move. My Buddy had a Buck with two does this afternoon in the field in the middle of the afternoon. He's two miles from me. I'll get to hunt some of the next couple days so we'll see whazt luck may bring. Thanks again for input.

Comment

Hey express fish I know exactly where woodcalley acres is what road do you live on some pretty good backyard bucks roaming them yards there I know lots of people who live in woodvalley

Comment

Anyone seeing any movement this morning?

Comment

Working...
                              X