Triple C Cresson permanently closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
    I just need a 100 yard sight-in range. What options do I have from Granbury?
    Alpine is probably closest

Comment

Alpine scares me.

Just a little farther down the road is Arlington Sportsmans club. It's private, but lots of members on here including myself. Post or hit me up when you need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Creedmore View Post
        Alpine scares me.

Just a little farther down the road is Arlington Sportsmans club. It's private, but lots of members on here including myself. Post or hit me up when you need to go.
        Thanks. I actually need to go soon since I will be going down for spring turkey and blackbuck in April. Checking round my neighborhood as I know there are some guys with smaller acreage nearby and hoping I can get an offer to just go set up somewhere close here.

Comment

Way out West in Santo. Have a 50/100yd, 100/200yd, and 500yd range.
          About 2 miles south of I-20 off 281

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
            Way out West in Santo. Have a 50/100yd, 100/200yd, and 500yd range.
            About 2 miles south of I-20 off 281
            There’s also a small range south of Glenn Rose. I’ve never shot there.

Comment

Hood County has it's own shooting club. Hood County Shooting Club or something like that. Feller I work with is a member there.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Dang that's no Bueno.

Is this the place that went to 2k?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

went to 2k lost it in the trust thing and now looks like the whole thing.

Maybe Alamo precision has some suggestions. im sure they build alot of guns for long range shooting and thats kinda getting shut down now

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  Dang that's no Bueno.

Is this the place that went to 2k?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                    went to 2k lost it in the trust thing and now looks like the whole thing.

Maybe Alamo precision has some suggestions. im sure they build alot of guns for long range shooting and thats kinda getting shut down now

Working with another possible venue now. Actually have been since the 2K side of triple c got shut down. Even IF it works out, access will be limited as compared to what triple c offered, although ranges will be much longer. The D/FW long range community definitely took another hit on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                      Working with another possible venue now. Actually have been since the 2K side of triple c got shut down. Even IF it works out, access will be limited as compared to what triple c offered, although ranges will be much longer. The D/FW long range community definitely took another hit on this one.
                      Sounds like natural business opportunity....

Comment

Tac Pro Shooting Center is in Mingus by Stephenville. 1000 yard range and no caliber restrictions like other ranges have. You have to pass a qualifier to shoot 1000. 500 and in you do not. They have a 100 and 200 yard range as well as 2 50 yard bays.

Comment

Originally posted by tomcfc11 View Post
                          Tac Pro Shooting Center is in Mingus by Stephenville. 1000 yard range and no caliber restrictions like other ranges have. You have to pass a qualifier to shoot 1000. 500 and in you do not. They have a 100 and 200 yard range as well as 2 50 yard bays.
                          Didn't like their setup. If you wanted to shoot closer than 1000yds you had to move in closer, but not possible if other shooters there at 1000yds. Didn't make much sense to me. I'm guessing it's still the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                            Didn't like their setup. If you wanted to shoot closer than 1000yds you had to move in closer, but not possible if other shooters there at 1000yds. Didn't make much sense to me. I'm guessing it's still the same way.
                            That is the case for the 1000 yard range. The 100 and 200 are separate ranges.

Comment

Depending on which part of Granbury, you have a range in Glenrose and Stephenville.

Comment

Originally posted by 300rem7 View Post
                                Sounds like natural business opportunity....
                                Not for me! I've got my hands plenty full with what we are doing already. Lol. But it is important the LR community has a place to shoot and test at distance. Talked to another gentleman yesterday with something in the planning phase as well. If their plans work out the way he told me, we are about to have something even bigger in N.Tx in the near future. He was talking full-blown shooting complex with LR out to 3K and sporting clays courses on property. Who knows at this point, but 2 prospects are better than none....which is about what we have now.

Comment

Working...
                                X