Scope recommendations??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope recommendations??

Getting a christensen arms ranger 22. Need some scope recommendations. Something nice. Will be outfitted w a dead air mask 22. What would you recommend?

Athlon is what I put on my Ligthgow LA101. Love it.

Comment

Meopta Optika 5 rimfire

Comment

Lot of possibilities and considerations depending on what you intend to do with the gun...
        For plinkin' and general squirrel hunting and such, a regular old Lepold 4X Rimfire is hard to beat.
        If you intend to shoot moving targets like rabbits, and such or rolling rabbit skeet and such, a small hologram sight might be the ticket.
        If you want to do precision accurate shooting at varying ranges, I'd look at the Hawke Sport Optics scopes with the side adjustment parallax turret. It will be good from 10 yards out to as far as you want to try to shoot. I have several that I have used on 22's as well as PCP airguns and they are hard to beat. the pic below is a Hawke 6.5-24X50 on a Vulcan .25 caliber airgun, and it is extremely clear, stable and true tracking. I added the large prallax/focus wheel for quicker tracking. Mine have Mil Dot reticles and Hawke has a free app for PC and smart phone for ballistics that you can use and even pick the reticle to match your scope for fast doping on long range shooting... The app is Chair Gun Pro. It is specifically designed for rimfire and airguns.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6222.JPG
Views:	14
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	24641909

Comment

Id do a sweet 1-5 or 1-6 scope.

Maybe a higher end leupold?

Comment

Whatever you get it MUST be either a "rimfire" scope or have an adjustable objective lens/parallax. Standard centerfire rifle scopes are parallax neutral at about 125 yards or so. That's not worth a flip at 50 yards and closer... To demonstrate that to yourself, get one of your hunting rifles and set it up on sandbags or vice/tripod and aim it at a target that is 30-50 yards away, then back away from the gun and look thru the scope and move your head in circles. You will see that the point of aim in the scope will move all over the target... That means it will depend on how you mount the gun each shot as to where your point of aim is vs. point of impact... Few people can mount a gun consistently enough where that it will not affect your accuracy...

Comment

I just picked up a Tikka T1x .22 as well as a Dead Air Mask. I wanted something to hunt with as well as shoot small groups at 50-100 yards at the range, or longer range at some steel.

I ended up finding a shop with several NIB Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 4-12 scopes for $400 on eBay. It has a fine duplex reticle, adjustable objective, and turrets to dial for windage and elevation. It is marked for .223 but has MIL markings as well, apparently Leupold will make you a custom CDS turret for it also.

I have these same scopes in 1-4 and 3-9 both with illumination on other guns and have been really happy with them. They use VX-2 lenses (same as VX-III). Feels like it does the gun justice and pairs well but isn’t overboard like a $1,600 Zeiss scope on a .22.

I also looked at the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16, but just can’t get on board with Vortex stuff.

Also, if you haven’t shot the Mask on a bolt gun with standard velocity .22LR yet, it is absolutely silent. You only hear the firing pin drop. I legitimately thought it didn’t fire the first round.
              Last edited by gatorgrizz27; 01-29-2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                Meopta Optika 5 rimfire
                Do you actually have one and have used it? It has my interest!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Do you actually have one and have used it? It has my interest!
                  I do not I played with the Optika5 rifle scope and own an Optika6 love it so far. I am in need of a few rimfire scopes for 100 yard plinking and squirrel hunting my Leupold EFR scopes are all fine duplex (pretty sure all the EFR’s were fine duplex) and my old eyes don’t like them much anymore.

Comment

My little Browning auto take down has an old fine duplex reticle 3x9 Leupold VX III glossy on it. More scope than the .22 will ever need but dang! It's so clear and I can see a squirrel eyeball at 50 yds.

Comment

I wound up w a leupold 2x7x33 rimfire got it on fin feather fur for 199 free shipping. Couldnt find it under 300 anywhere else. Now gota get rings. Always something. But it ll make a 9yr old happy on his 10th birthday next week.

Comment

Ive got a silencerco sparrow right now but the mask and a nomad l are coming after i get my tax return.

Comment

Working...
                        X