No announcement yet.

Glass for AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eotech, if your shots ain’t really long. Covers both hunting and home defense.

Comment

Originally posted by chaseh View Post
      Leupold told my FIL last week they are discontinuing the VX3i product line when he called to buy a scope, so he settled on the VX5hd, but I guess they could be wrong...
      Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Interesting. I do some work for Leupold and we have not been told this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I bet the come up with something similar. They have done this over the last twenty years or so

Vari-Xiii -> VXiii -> VX3 -> VX3i

Comment

i personally find illuminated reticles to be overpowering, especially the ones that change from green to red, and the cross hairs always feel thicker than they need to be.

that being said, i use trijicon, which have a tritium vial built in, as well as a fiber optic input. i have an ACOG on my carbine, but my "sittin and waitin" rifle has the TR23. the TR23 has a simple green dot at the center of the crosshairs, and collects lots of light that even as dusk is closing in to my unaided eyes, looking thru the glass is still possible for that last few extra minutes.

but hindsight... i woudlnt get the TR23 again for my AR15. i love it love it, but it can see a LOT further than the .223 can shoot. in the same series they have a 2-12x and other similar which would be much more appropriate for a .223.

they are more than $600, but buy one, cry once. the 3 i have are 3 years, 5 years, and 8 years old, and still as clear as day 1, and i never have to screw with them unless i change ammo (and mine get field used quite a bit).

Comment

Originally posted by JonathanTX View Post
          i personally find illuminated reticles to be overpowering, especially the ones that change from green to red, and the cross hairs always feel thicker than they need to be.

that being said, i use trijicon, which have a tritium vial built in, as well as a fiber optic input. i have an ACOG on my carbine, but my "sittin and waitin" rifle has the TR23. the TR23 has a simple green dot at the center of the crosshairs, and collects lots of light that even as dusk is closing in to my unaided eyes, looking thru the glass is still possible for that last few extra minutes.

but hindsight... i woudlnt get the TR23 again for my AR15. i love it love it, but it can see a LOT further than the .223 can shoot. in the same series they have a 2-12x and other similar which would be much more appropriate for a .223.

they are more than $600, but buy one, cry once. the 3 i have are 3 years, 5 years, and 8 years old, and still as clear as day 1, and i never have to screw with them unless i change ammo (and mine get field used quite a bit).

I would agree with you about the brightness/heaviness on the cheaper optics which is where you will see the red/green changing reticles.

On higher quality scopes they can be turned down very low, some even NV compatible and the illumination isn’t overly thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Op, You want an Elcan.
            Attached Files

Comment

An option not mentioned:

Used ACOG TA01NSN: Bombproof, great glass, and compact. BAC has matched well for my 6.8 data, even though it's built for 5.56. Have used for hunting for years with great success.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                I’d look for a used Trijicon 2.5-10x56. Solid scope with good glass and great light transmission. The illuminated reticles are visible, but not bright. They work well for night or low light hunting. They can be had used for $500 or so.
                X2. I love mine. I run it on a 10.5” 223. It’s killed more varmints than parvo and rabies

Comment

Originally posted by yardsale View Post
                  An option not mentioned:

Used ACOG TA01NSN: Bombproof, great glass, and compact. BAC has matched well for my 6.8 data, even though it's built for 5.56. Have used for hunting for years with great success.
                  Great option. I'm ACOGless at the moment, but that will change soon. TA31 with an offset or piggybacked RMR is hard to beat for an AR15. I think my next one will be a TA33 with a piggybacked RMR.

Comment

I got a acog i could part with.

Comment

Nothing wrong w it. Its newer like 2017 i think. I have 2 of em

Comment

Checkout the Trijicon AccuPower 2.5-10x56. Excellent low light scope. Shot a coyote at 500 yards with mine. Excellent choice for the money. Very rugged and durable.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                          Nothing wrong w it. Its newer like 2017 i think. I have 2 of em
                          Which model?

Comment

Working...
                          X