No announcement yet.

Diminished Value Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be in a rush to settle....there are physical things to keep an eye on for a bit that can be unseen.

Comment

Update:

I finally got the car fixed and it came out to be almost $8000 in damages. I called the insurance company (travelers) to start my DV claim.

I made an excel spreadsheet with 7 comparable vehicles in it. 1 in particular was identical to mine almost. 2020 odyssey with ~700 miles, but it was a salvaged title. The loss from MSRP to list price was almost $11K.

I assumed that under the 17c calculation they calculated a damage multiplier of 1.0. I had 7 body panels damaged, which I considered moderate to major at $8000 in repairs, and multiplied the DV at .5.

I essentially asked for 5800 in DV based on the averages of the 7 vehicles I found.

Well. I got my offer today of $4750. I talked her up to $5000 and she agreed. I told her I had to talk this over with the CFO (wife) before making a decision.

I feel like I just scored a big win on this deal.

My book value is 38k

We paid 35k for the van

We are getting $5000 in diminished value

Car still looks brand new. They did a good job. Plus they gave me a full set of weathertech floor liners.

Comment

Working...
      X