Which Two Days During Rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Two Days During Rut

Gents, I’m only able to take two vacation days this year to hunt the rut. Hunting in Colorado county. I’d prefer to take a Monday and Tuesday or Thursday and Friday to stack it with the weekend. Which two dates would you take? Only been hunting Colorado County for three years so not super experienced on when the rut normally runs through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know when the rut is for that county, but I would take off the Monday and Tuesday, call in sick that Wednesday-Friday, and hunt that Saturday and Sunday, once you find out for sure!!

Comment

I'm more of a Thurs-Fri guy.
      I like to get there before anyone else does and before the weekend warriors show up.

Do you have sick days??

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
        I'm more of a Thurs-Fri guy.
        I like to get there before anyone else does and before the weekend warriors show up.

Do you have sick days??

I am more of a Thursday/Friday guy too. Deer have settled down from the previous weekend’s activity.

I hunt public, and stopped hunting weekends and mondays completely.

Comment

Make it a Thursday and Friday the last week of bow season.

Comment

I find early to mid September to be the best. Acorns have not started falling, they are still coming to corn in bachelor groups, no pressure having them jumpy.

Comment

Then Thursday Friday take off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure about which days to take. I'm also not sure if we should be discussing sick time use on here...

Comment

Around Halloween is always great here. And Nov 9-14

Comment

Not taking any sick days, got too much work haha. Just really looking for a time frame. First or second week of November, last week of October, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                      Not taking any sick days, got too much work haha. Just really looking for a time frame. First or second week of November, last week of October, etc....

Seriously, if you’re in Colorado County and have to put in for vacation now I would be shooting for the 3rd week of October. If you can take a couple days off with just a few days notice, I would wait and watch the weather forecast and pick the right days. I’m able to take off with minimal notice, if the weather hits a spell of 2/3 days of continuous rain, that next day I will be there.

Comment

Later 1/3 of Oct is what I always considered the "lull".

I'd try for mid Nov - Thanksgiving.

Comment

Last week of October.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            Around Halloween is always great here. And Nov 9-14
                            This is spot on for me, killed a buck on Oct 30th and Nov 12th last year and the year before that killed a buck Nov 12th.

Comment

I hunt public land last week of October before youth and gun season. Always good for me. It seems like I see the most rut active the last 2 weeks of bow and first two weeks of gun.

Comment

Working...
                              X