No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to all the harvest I’m going to give it another go this weekend set for little over 20 hours last weekend only thing I saw was 2 older kids with 12 gauges walk under me at 9 am an never knew I was there lol!

Comment

Sitting in the blind this morning and trying to figure out how to register my canoe with a trolling motor. Downloaded the form but don’t know if really have to register the trolling motor itself or just the boat? Ordered trolling motor but like to register Monday if don’t need numbers off the trolling motor

Good luck everyone. Legal shooting in 7 mins

Comment

Man I haven’t seen anything this morning except a bunch of squirrels trying to make there nest in the tree next to me..... anyone seeing any movement

Comment

Zero here at lake aquilla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here, haven’t seen any deer but had 6 hogs at 50 yards from me at Aquila.

Comment

Dam it’s hot!!

Comment

It’s a hot one this evening! I watched a 5 ft rattle snake slither right under the tree I’m in about 10 minutes ago. Y’all be careful out there.

Comment

Originally posted by coojay View Post
                  Just shot this doe even though someone tied a corn bag to a tree where I was feeding

Looks like a nice size one. Just too **** hot and humid to get my butt in the stand this evening. Get’r on ice.

Comment

U betcha!

Comment

whew sure was warm toting corn it at 10:30 this morning. Didn't see many trucks out. Anyone do any good? I'm gonna try again this coming weekend. Hopefully my dad can go. Trying to get him on one this season.

Comment

My wife and I sat Sunday morning and had a big doe suprise me at 20 yards but walked into some thick stuff before I could get my bow up.

Comment

I mailed my stuff in last week. Hoping they call thursday. Going to try and give it a shot this year. Going in blind.

If anybody could help- Is there plenty of good walk in at aquilla or should I plan on boating in, on waco boating is a major advantage.

Also does anybody know how crowded the duck hunting is out there?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Aquilla can get crowded real quick when duck-n. And yes, there are lots of places to walk in for deer and pigs there. No need for a boat, unless you just want to. Then ya got to be real careful cause there are stumps in 20 foot of water there, not just the shallow areas. I've high centered in 24ft one Jan. Took me 20 minutes to get off the tree . But made me kinda nervous too.

Comment

Only one spot I know u can hunt on aquilla by boat, watch out for the hallelujah lady

Comment

Anyone that hunts there they access by public land

Comment

Working...
                                X