Any of y’all ever notice RV tops bubble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of y’all ever notice RV tops bubble

When I go on road trips I find myself looking at oncoming truck pulling Campers. It really seems like 1 in 20 or 30 has a big bubble in the rubber roof Jin the first 1/4 of the roof. I wouldn’t take one of these thing if they were free. Delam siding and roofs. It really should be against the law for these companies to make such junk

I see them do the same regularly as well. Every time I do, it reminds me not to buy one. But having one sure would come in handy.

Comment

I 100% agree.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
        I see them do the same regularly as well. Every time I do, it reminds me not to buy one. But having one sure would come in handy.
        When you want to use one, rent it, then take it back when your done. Easy to wash your hands of them.

Comment

Someone needs to invent an fiberglass or plastic shield that mounts on the front portion of the roof. I think it happens when they pull them fast. Airflow over that section lifts it is all I can come up with

Comment

It's called maintenance, make sure everything is sealed up and u won't have any problems

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
              It's called maintenance, make sure everything is sealed up and u won't have any problems
              Exactly this. If you have a rip or tear in your roof it will happen. Roof maintenance is essential.

Comment

I think these rubber roofs should be outlawed. These camper I see with this issue don’t look very old. Those roofs should not need much maintenance inside the first 10 years Im certain an older camper with a metal roof don’t have these problems.. I just can’t figure out who thought a rubber roof was a good idea.

Comment

One of the worse things you can buy! Pain in the azz!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    I think these rubber roofs should be outlawed. These camper I see with this issue don’t look very old. Those roofs should not need much maintenance inside the first 10 years Im certain an older camper with a metal roof don’t have these problems.. I just can’t figure out who thought a rubber roof was a good idea.
                    The roofing industry has used rubber (TPO) roofs for years. No problems with maintenance and common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                      The roofing industry has used rubber (TPO) roofs for years. No problems with maintenance and common sense.
                      I don’t think rubber is bad unless you drive it 75 down the highway and clue it to 1/4” paneling.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        I don’t think rubber is bad unless you drive it 75 down the highway and clue it to 1/4” paneling.
                        Most of the roofs are rated to be walked on, so they are thicker than you think. Commercial roofs are rated for windstorm. It really boils down to maintenance just like with any other thing you may own. They are a great roof as long as they are maintained.

Comment

I have to agree with RBP, rent one as needed. I’ve owned four of them and the best one was the one I bought in 1982. Lived in it two and a half years and sold it. The rest of them were a pain in the azz.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                            Amen!

I probably overdue it. But, every single TT or RV I've owned has been over maintained. Never had a roof leak yet....

Comment

Are you sure it’s not the plastic bubble for the shower that some RVs have in the front? It is the same color as the roof, and as it is passing you in the opposite direction on the highway it would be an easy mistake to make.

They DEFINITELY require maintenance, more so than a house.

Comment

Working...
                              X