No announcement yet.

Padre Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna be there two days and three nights. I'm gonna try to hit up 75% of these places. Starting at the brewery!!

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
      I am going end of June. We went last year and loved it. Do the beach horse ride at SPI Adventure Park !! Also food wise there area few good places but are favorite was Blackbeard's !

Got it booked!! Thanks

Comment

Also tried Cap'n Roy's for the first time two years ago based on online reviews. After sitting down we noticed a thick layer of grimey dust on most of the hanging decorations and structures in the open ceiling. Food came out and looked and tasted good, at first. Then, as I look down at my plate, one of those German roaches crawled across it and on to the table like it owned the place. Couldn't help but think of the roaches in movie Joe's Apartment. Told the waitress about it and she did nothing to address the issue or get the owner/manager or anything. Hope they've cleaned things up and addressed the pest problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Yarbro55 View Post
          I'm gonna be there two days and three nights. I'm gonna try to hit up 75% of these places. Starting at the brewery!!
          I haven't been to the Brewery in ages. As a matter of fact prolly 19 years. I took my wife for dinner there that night and then proposed to her on the beach after.

It's been there 25 years so they have to be doing something right.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
            I haven't been to the Brewery in ages. As a matter of fact prolly 19 years. I took my wife for dinner there that night and then proposed to her on the beach after.

It's been there 25 years so they have to be doing something right.
            That's awesome, sir. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              Gabriella’s Italian food is excellent.

Amazing Italian food!!!!!

Comment

On top of all of the great places mentioned , The Palms on the Beach is good. Great to walk up and order take out for lunch from the beach.

If you want good breakfast go to Isabels or Manuel’s in Port Isabel.

Comment

Snook and Tarpon in the surf!

Comment

The beach bar at the Wanna Wanna is a good spot for a few beers. Actually that's a great no frills motel to stay at.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

The outside bayfront bar by Louies is a must for the sunset and Saturday night fireworks. That whole area is the spot. I think that bar is The Blue Marlin.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

That's my favorite beach! Wish I could go more.

Captain Roy's, dirty Al's, SPI brewing have good eats. Manuel's in Port Isabel for breakfast.

Drinks at wanna wanna, wet a line in the surf. Heaven on earth.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone down there this last weekend? Going this next weekend and was wondering how the crowds were?

Comment

It wasn't cheap, but Liam's Steak House & Oyster Bar was fantastic when I ate there last summer.

Comment

Anyone have recommendations for lodging in South Padre? Can't afford luxury, but don't want to be fighting roaches either. Looking to take wife and kids for three or four days sometime in the next three weeks. I know about VRBO and AirBNB...looking for expert advice.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntercoach View Post
                                Anyone have recommendations for lodging in South Padre? Can't afford luxury, but don't want to be fighting roaches either. Looking to take wife and kids for three or four days sometime in the next three weeks. I know about VRBO and AirBNB...looking for expert advice.
                                Man there's so many good places. Wanna wanna hotel is pretty affordable. The marriot is nice. We usually stay at I think seashell condo? Can't remember.

If you don't have to stay on the beach there is also really nice places on the bay in port isabel much cheaper. If you have a 4x4 you can stay somewhere not on the beach, then go in at access 6, go as far as you want and set up away from everyone.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X