Padre Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Padre Island

Will be down there late next week for the first time. Any recommendations of any type?

Norf or South Padre?

Comment

South...

Comment

If you like to fish plenty of good fishing in the surf or the jetty.

Places to eat:

Louie's Backyard
        Blackbeard's
        Dirty Al's
        Daddy's

Comment

I am going end of June. We went last year and loved it. Do the beach horse ride at SPI Adventure Park !! Also food wise there area few good places but are favorite was Blackbeard's !

Comment

Assuming you have kids with you the Sea Turtle conservancy is neat as well as the dolphin boats. Have fun!

Comment

Ice Cold Beer, leave your phone at home.

Comment

Yummies for breakfast

Best seafood in my opinion is Joe's Oyster Bar and Tortugo's, both in Port Isabel
                Pier 19 and Dirty Al's for seafood on the island.

Padre Island Brewing for Pizza and beer

Firework show at Clayton's on Friday and Saturday nights

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
                  If you like to fish plenty of good fishing in the surf or the jetty.

Places to eat:

Louie's Backyard
                  Blackbeard's
                  Dirty Al's
                  Daddy's
                  I sure miss Blackbeard's oyster po' boys! They are excellent! And Dirty Al's is really good if you like fried seafood, and I don't know anyone who doesn't. I've only been to Louie's once and it was good. Haven't been to Daddy's so I can't say anything about them.

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
                    I am going end of June. We went last year and loved it. Do the beach horse ride at SPI Adventure Park !! Also food wise there area few good places but are favorite was Blackbeard's !
                    Agree on the horseback riding on the beach and through the dunes. We had a great time and we were fortunate enough to see a jackalope. It was a doe but my kids were excited nonetheless.

Comment

Man it's hard to believe so many people like Blackbeard's. Family used to go 20 years ago and it wasn't very good. Tried it two years ago and could barely choke my food down and service was horrible. Most places we've tried have been thoroughly disappointing. Lots of tourist traps down there.

Tried Padre Island Brewing Co. for the first time last year and it was dang good (food, service, and beer). They'll continue to get our business as long as it stays that good or better.

Comment

Gabriella’s Italian food is excellent.

Comment

Have fun but exercise care in the surf. I can be quiet snappy. Food is generally good but expensive I usually cook or go to mainland to some of the "one off" mexican or tex-mex restaurants (there are many, inexpensive and nearly always very good)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                            Ice Cold Beer, leave your phone at home.
                            Cause it will get stolen??

Comment

Exactly the kind of recommendations I was hoping for. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Comment

Working...
                              X