Dove Hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove Hunters

Any of you seen this? If it will fit my chest I'll sure think about getting one.

This is the Ultimate Dove Hunting Vest. Much cooler and lots more storage and comfort than other bird hunting vests, and way more than the common dove hunting belt. Six-way adjustability to fit any size hunter, and loaded with features.

Seems like a good idea but I have to see one in person first.

Seems awful hot with all that stuff around the waist. Also, I've not been a fan of buckles near the waistline in the past. It gets in the way of my belt buckle if i need to "relieve myself." I'm pretty picky...

I finally settled on a Filson (< Link). Little pricey but I'm set for life. Although, I did have the right shoulder buckle removed and permanently sewed so as not to interfere when shouldering my gun. Top notch quality but doesnt have the carrying capacity of the vest you posted. But for me, personally, it's a bit much. Just MY opinion. Again, Im pretty picky.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
      Seems awful hot with all that stuff around the waist. Also, I've not been a fan of buckles near the waistline in the past. It gets in the way of my belt buckle if i need to "relieve myself." I'm pretty picky...

I finally settled on a Filson (< Link). Little pricey but I'm set for life. Although, I did have the right shoulder buckle removed and permanently sewed so as not to interfere when shouldering my gun. Top notch quality but doesnt have the carrying capacity of the vest you posted. But for me, personally, it's a bit much. Just MY opinion. Again, Im pretty picky.

You are concerned about the heat of the OPs because of stuff around the waist but you are OK with a Filson?

I'm betting the OPs is cooler than that Filson I used to ear you linked.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        You are concerned about the heat of the OPs because of stuff around the waist but you are OK with a Filson?

I'm betting the OPs is cooler than that Filson I used to ear you linked.
        At 6'2, 185, the vest doesn't get too hot up top on me. Doesn't fit as snugly as some of my more full-figured buddies, though. Its when I pile a bunch of stuff around my waist that I get hot around the waistline. Which is why I switched from the filson belt (and the belt buckle interference) in my avatar and why i said, "MY opinion."

What are your thoughts on the vest posted?
        Last edited by BlackHogDown; 07-23-2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

At 6'2, 185, the vest doesn't get too hot up top on me. Doesn't fit as snugly as some of my more full-figured buddies, though. Its when I pile a bunch of stuff around my waist that I get hot around the waistline. Which is why I switched from the filson belt (and the belt buckle interference) in my avatar and why i said, "MY opinion."

LMAO at hot around the waistline.. That's a first for me.

Comment

I added some wide suspenders - the kind made for tool belts - to my Filson round-the-waist bird bag. It is much more comfortable with the weight on your shoulders and you don't get that sag on one side when it is loaded with shells.

Comment

What are your thoughts on the vest posted?

I like it....it was a little warm though. I like it much better than regular vests but I'm back to the TBH Gameguard belt bag now. Received it as a gift and I really like the materials..

Comment

I guess to each their own but by golly, i couldn't spend $80 on a vest I would wear for a few times a year. I'm pretty sure im still rocking the same vest my father gave me from my teenage years.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  LMAO at hot around the waistline.. That's a first for me.
                  Oh please....

Comment

I guess to each their own but by golly, i couldn't spend $80 on a vest I would wear for a few times a year. I'm pretty sure im still rocking the same vest my father gave me from my teenage years.
                    You only shoot during dove season? Some of us shoot year round.

I'm going to take a look at these, I might like it but I might not but I like gadgets so it has me interested. This guy's out of POC and I'm not far from there so we'll see.

Comment

Oh please....

LOL...seriously though...I have never heard anybody say my dove belt is hot around the waistline...usually just hear that from vest wearers..

Comment

I just ordered one.

I let you know what I think when it arrives but it looks promising.

I have used a turkey vest that adapted well to my dove /quail hunting but it finally bit the dust after about 20 years. I have not found a suitable replacement yet. This might be the answer.

I'd like to see it in different camo choices. GG in particular!

Comment

Gonna stick with my Homer bucket. I can at least sit on it when I get tired.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                            Gonna stick with my Homer bucket. I can at least sit on it when I get tired.
                            ....an it keeps my beer cold.

Comment

Doesn’t say how many beers it holds

Someone report back and I may be interested

Comment

Working...
                              X