Dad brag alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad brag alert

I want to publicly acknowledge my two sons. I am very proud of them.
    Tonight they decided that they wanted to bring a bag with them on our walk to pickup some trash that they noticed the other day.
    It was COMPLETELY their idea, and their decision with no prompting from mom or myself. They were talking (as if a 4 and 6 year old can ever NOT talk) while shuttling trash from all over the side of the road/drainage/creek edge to the bag I held. Zayden (4) says "Why do people leave all this stuff out here? don't they know animals can die from TRASH?! We have to pick up all this trash so the animals don't die! I don't want any animals to die!" then Zander (6) follows up with "Unless we hunt them to eat them, then it's ok if they die!" Zayden-" Oh yeah! MEEEAT!! We love meat, right daddy?!"
    I couldn't help but chuckle, and say, "Yep, meat is protein and protein makes you grow big and strong. You missed a piece..."
    Then they proceeded to fill this whole bag up with garbage. They never complained a word. (I wish they could pick up a single piece of trash in the house so quietly but I'll take whatever win I can get.)

Y'all....
    Parenting is DaY YUM hard, but sometimes it's very nice to get a reminder that you haven't failed entirely. Plus the comedic relief. Kids are hilarious sometimes, especially when they aren't even trying to be.

Awesome!
    Love the sword too.

Comment

A quick trip to Baskin Robbins is in order.

Comment

Great kids !!!!!!

Comment

Excellant job to them and you sir.

Comment

Congrats Dad...be proud..Rightly so.

Comment

Lucky papa

Comment

No ice cream tonight. Life doesn't always reward hard work immediately so neither does their old man.
                However there may just be sausage rolls, bacon and donuts waiting for them when they wake up.
                A nice upgrade from the usual grits and eggs before everyone rushes out the door to school.

Comment

Great story. Congratulations Dad

Comment

Brag away, congrats to you and your kiddos.

Comment

Wow! Big kudos to them!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Kudos!!

Comment

Leavin' it better than they found it. That's AWESOME! You certainly should be proud of those young men, Dad.

Comment

Good boys!

Comment

Working...
                              X