No announcement yet.

Man tonight SUCKED :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to trap them, went be able to check the traps 2x a day.

I use .308 because my main target is pigs. Didn't have satisfactory results on pigs with my 5.56.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
      I want to trap them, went be able to check the traps 2x a day.

I use .308 because my main target is pigs. Didn't have satisfactory results on pigs with my 5.56.
      You don't have to check trap's 2X a day. That's what cellular camera's are for. Or Check them whenever, either way, it still resolves your coon problem.

Comment

12 ga with 7-1/2 shot got me 5 dead 1/3 grown litter with one shot opening week of dove season. Can't believe they were still under the feeder at 8 in the morning.

Comment

If you got enuf money to burn shooting coons with a .308, go buy yourself a nice PCP air gun... It's silent, and deadly on coons and won't blow up the woods... I have one of those X-sight II's on a .25 Cricket, and it is so cool to sit there in the stand after dark and let the coons come in and get all settled in and comfortable, then start poppin' 'em in the head. They can't figure out what's goin' on for a bit. You can get 4 or 5 easy because they just look over at their buddies that suddenly drop down and start floppin' around... They be like, "Hey Roscoe, wha's up wit' you? Get up n eat man... Corn's good!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            If you got enuf money to burn shooting coons with a .308, go buy yourself a nice PCP air gun... It's silent, and deadly on coons and won't blow up the woods... I have one of those X-sight II's on a .25 Cricket, and it is so cool to sit there in the stand after dark and let the coons come in and get all settled in and comfortable, then start poppin' 'em in the head. They can't figure out what's goin' on for a bit. You can get 4 or 5 easy because they just look over at their buddies that suddenly drop down and start floppin' around... They be like, "Hey Roscoe, wha's up wit' you? Get up n eat man... Corn's good!!"
            I almost bought @tazhunter0 .45 LSS.
            Almost.
            Thinking maybe i should have....

Comment

That's a great gun too, but probably worse overkill for coons than your .308 because of it's expense to shoot and recharge the reservoir with air/gas... That one would be a strictly "big game" gun if I got one... AND I WANT ONE BAD...

Comment

Some people, I swear.

LOL, just here for the similar comments

Comment

I tried the new whataburger spicy chicken sandwich last night with my wife. Friends of mine had been telling me that it is really good. Let me tell you: it is not very good at all. No sauce, very little flavor. The chicken is very dried out. We were not impressed at all! It SUCKED! I would say Popeye's and ChickFila has a better spicy chicken sandwich.

Comment

and now for something completely different....

try a #4.

Comment

That is why I prefer AR15 over an AR10

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
                        That is why I prefer AR15 over an AR10
                        Got tired of the pigs running off after shooting them in the shoulder with my 5.56.
                        Probably should have rebarreled instead of getting the AR10. I've got more $$ in upgrades in it than i can get back.
                        So I'll just keep it for now

Comment

Got tired of the pigs running off after shooting them in the shoulder with my 5.56.
                          Probably should have rebarreled instead of getting the AR10. I've got more $$ in upgrades in it than i can get back.
                          Nope, you made the right move. Yes, a .223 will kill a hog, but it is under powered to do it consistently and effectively. That .308 is a hammer of a hog gun.

Comment

I agree with this. I am using my .223 tho for thermal hunting now as I wait on .308 ammo to not be so stupid expensive.

.223 is better then my .300 BO. I am selling my .300. Even worse then my .223

I shot a boar 3-4 times last weekend on the river before he fell. Normally that first shot in the shoulder with my .308 and he woulda been DOA

Comment

Working...
                            X