Browning trail camera and CS rant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    He told me he bought the .9 focal lens. I sent them an email and they sent me back a pic of the lens and what needs to be centered for best pic. Shoot me your email via PM and I will send you what they sent me if you want.
    Thanks! That's awesome! PM sent

Comment

Problem right now for any of the Mftgs getting stuff from China.

Comment

Between me and a buddy, we have over 20 browning strike force and 10-12 stay in the field year round. I just sent 4 into customer service for repairs that were 2-3 years old. Well over warranty coverage and they replaced 2 at no cost. Sold me two more for $80 which is lowest I have ever seen on strike force. I will not use anything else. This is the third time I have sent in cameras without warranty and been taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone got a foolproof method for getting the little rubber grommets out of the screw holes on the back of the camera? Mine are crammed all the way down against the screws and I can't get them out.

Comment

Camera question on your lenses

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
            I have 22 Brownings. 7 are down with cracked lenses. The sun is what gets mine.
            I'm trying to learn something here Cantex, are your camera's facing the EAST/WEST direction or NORTH/SOUTH direction.

Matt

Comment

ALL mine on on T Posts and facing NORTH, so the sun should not big a huge problem in my opinion. Some are actually in the shade of trees so that should eliminate the cracking due to sun.

I just do not see corn putting holes thru the PIR lense as some are well past the corn throw on my feeders, especially with 2 6 volts battery feeders I have. that theory is blown out of the water. I have personally seen the wood peckers land on these cameras and start pecking at the PIR lenses!
              Also, I use those big plastic coffee containers from Folgers to make sun shades for my camera's.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                Anyone got a foolproof method for getting the little rubber grommets out of the screw holes on the back of the camera? Mine are crammed all the way down against the screws and I can't get them out.
                Dental Pick.

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                  Bushnell trophy cam

Bushnell is at the bottom of the list for me. I had reliability and customer service problems with them long before Chinese parts availability became a problem for everyone. They were also much more expensive.

We have 14 StrikeForce cameras and the only issue I've had is a cracked battery tray from a leaking battery. I had weather shields made for them and point them N/S to get the best picture quality.

Comment

Had 3 of my cameras get hit this past weekend by woodpeckers. I have to figure something out as I’m now gun shy to even set some of my brand new cameras out. When it happens, the camera takes a pic every minute until the batteries die or sd card fills up.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                      Dental Pick.
                      I don't have a dental pick. Anyone got any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                        Had 3 of my cameras get hit this past weekend by woodpeckers. I have to figure something out as I’m now gun shy to even set some of my brand new cameras out. When it happens, the camera takes a pic every minute until the batteries die or sd card fills up.

Looks exactly like mine!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                          I don't have a dental pick. Anyone got any other ideas?

Automotive pic sets can be bought pretty cheap at a local auto parts store

Comment

Looks exactly like mine!
                            Same here. I have the exact same model and mine turned the exact shade of blue as yours did!

Comment

Browning trail cams are the best non cell on the market, except reconyx, theres no debating that. Every manufacturer is having problems with inventory, especially with dealing parts from outside the company. How can you blame a manufacturer for not replacing something that is old and out of date when it was destroyed by a bird.

Comment

Best cam by far !
                                Fix the lenses somehow.
                                I have 2 with brown packing tape over them, works fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X