2020 TBH youth rodeo season... Let’s make it Happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pig poacher View Post
    My Granddaughter Audey had a great weekend at Elm Grove.
    Won the Breakaway roping buckle and the All around buckle.

She won goat tying thursday and friday night and 2nd saturday night
    and ended up with a 3rd place trophy for goat tying.I know friday and saturday
    average only counts.Just not sure how a 1st and a 2nd can = a 3rd
    mathmatical error i suppose. Im sure its hard to keep up with all the times in all the events.
    Audey is a very sweet girl. She competes often against my daughter

Comment

Originally posted by pig poacher View Post
      My Granddaughter Audey had a great weekend at Elm Grove.
      Won the Breakaway roping buckle and the All around buckle.

She won goat tying thursday and friday night and 2nd saturday night
      and ended up with a 3rd place trophy for goat tying.I know friday and saturday
      average only counts.Just not sure how a 1st and a 2nd can = a 3rd
      mathmatical error i suppose. Im sure its hard to keep up with all the times in all the events.
      Im trying to run scenarios and I can't find one that makes that add up

Comment

Well Abbey made a smoking run on Cowboy last night. She clocked a 1d time and was 1 spot out of the money with 50 barrels racers there. She did end up winning money in the youth and open. She ran Socks as well.

Comment

Anywhere in particular yall look to find kids horses?
          My daughter is 4 and has been riding her leadline pony for 2 years and is just about ready for something she can ride on her own

Comment

Originally posted by RW2016 View Post
            My daughter is 4 and has been riding her leadline pony for 2 years and is just about ready for something she can ride on her own
            Ranch world adds has a lot of horses listed. It really just depends on what you are looking for and price range and what you are expecting it to be able to do

Comment

Originally posted by RW2016 View Post
              I would go to the local sale barns and start asking around for some old ranch horse. The horse you’re looking for is worth it’s weight in Gold

Comment

Riley leaned into the first knocking it over to win the Round and average and advance to the Elite tomorrow. Another one of those tough lesson learned. Gather up and go on to the next one

Comment

My niece qualified for Vegas on Riley’s Lucy’s . Once in a lifetime horse

Click image for larger version

Name:	F4206ED2-A3A7-42EF-BB14-66DC520B8A92.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	24627984

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    My niece qualified for Vegas on Riley’s Lucy’s . Once in a lifetime horse

[ATTACH]1014899[/ATTACH]
                    Nice. Congrats

We need to go to some Vegas qualifiers

Comment

Well long weekend of rodeo. Abbey made some excellent runs. She won poles, 2nd in goats, 2nd in barrels one night. She knocked a pole over to win poles the 2nd night, won flags was a tick slower on barrels and finished 4th.

Hunter made solid runs in barrels each night, got 2nd in poles on Friday, won the breakaway for the weekend, 2nd in tie down, 2nd in flags, 2nd in goats. He ended up winning the all around Cowboy for his age group. He handles his roping he is hard to beat because he is decent in the speed events.

Overall all a great but long weekend of rodeo. Going to Lampasas next weekend. Both kids are signed up for the CTYRA season again which starts the end of September. The kids will also be competing in the Junior High rodeo Region X. Should be an interesting new rodeo year for the kids. Let the adventure continue

Comment

Welcome to Region 10. If you have any questions reach out to Stephanie. It’s one of the toughest regions in the state with hard but fair judges ( one is a former NFR judge). The tough will make Abbey and Hunter better.

Comment

We are headed to a benefit rodeo tonight in Goldthwaite for Tommy Green. He has done so much for youth rodeo the last 40 years. Hopefully there will be a lot of people there to help offset his recent medical bills.

Comment

Well first Junior High School rodeo is in the books for Abbey and Hunter. Abbey did ok. She clipped a pole and knocked it over. She ran a 21.7 plus 5. She ran a solid barrel run and ended up 4th out of 20 girls. She got a check in barrels.

Hunter missed his breakaway calf and then he was running ribbons for a girl and she missed the calf as well.

Both kids were nervous. Hopefully they will both be on point tomorrow because rode number 2 starts at 9 am.

Comment

Well rodeo 2 Junior High rodeo is in the books. Abbey did really well today. She ran a 21.3 in poles and got 2nd. She ran faster in the barrels today and ran a 16.5 and got 3rd place. She got checks in both events today.

Hunter had a good day as well. He roped his breakaway calf in 4 seconds and finished 4th. He and his partner won the ribbon roping so pulled a check in that event.

The kids held their own against some very stiff competition. They will continue to work hard and however it shakes out at the end of the year. Looking forward to see what they do.

Comment

Finally back at it in Blanco yesterday. Sarah was a consistent 3rd in barrels and poles. She made some really nice runs with tighter turns around the barrels and end poles. Something she has been struggling with lately. The 2.5 hours of practice Saturday paid off for her.

Comment

Working...
                                X