Bexar County Bow Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bexar County Bow Hunts

Has anyone hunted on Bexar County Bow Hunts ranch?
    Thinking about going with some Friends

first link on a google search took me to an online pharmacy featuring their old man pills. LOL

Comment

In for any info

Comment

I've been there quite a few times. It's a great place and Todd is a great host. It's not a canned hunt so be prepared to put the work in if you want to be successful. Animals are pressured on feeders and stands. We've had the best luck based off of experience at the place and getting away from the feeders. We always have a great time. I've killed whitetail does, hogs, a ram, and an Axis doe off that place. My other buddies have shot some rams, pigs, and whitetail does. He has some nice Whitetails running around

Comment

I was out there last July. I saw a ton of WT, never saw any axis, saw a few pigs, 1 ram (not full curl) and a good number of Blackbucks. Todd is a great dude and the set ups are really nice. The cabin is sweet also. I was bummed I didn’t see any Axis bc that is really what I was there for. I don’t know if the herd is really small or they just weren’t coming to the feeders. The last morning I tried to put a stalk on a large number of blackbucks that were by a watering hole but they winded me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephenc View Post
            I was out there last July. I saw a ton of WT, never saw any axis, saw a few pigs, 1 ram (not full curl) and a good number of Blackbucks. Todd is a great dude and the set ups are really nice. The cabin is sweet also. I was bummed I didn’t see any Axis bc that is really what I was there for. I don’t know if the herd is really small or they just weren’t coming to the feeders. The last morning I tried to put a stalk on a large number of blackbucks that were by a watering hole but they winded me.
            Did you see shooters in that Black Buck herd or were they young? I've only seen one shooter at that place and he was easily over 20 inches. We've seen lots of young ones and does. There is a good group of Axis there but its really hard to get them at the feeders. My cousin had 2 shot opportunities at trophy Axis bucks but got busted at full draw to whitetail does.

Comment

Im glad to hear there are Axis there. Maybe we can set up a TBH trip.

There were two shooter BBs in that herd. The first day I was there, I also bumped another shooter with 2 BB does.

Comment

We are looking at going in October for WT, and just wanted to see if there tips on how to hunt it.

Comment

How did it go?

Comment

A group of us went a couple years ago. It's definitely a do it yourself hunt with the house and ranch at your disposal, so getting down there early, setting up, and figuring out where stands are is key if you want to be successful. Saw a few axis when we arrived Friday night, but other than seeing plenty of pigs, not much action the rest of the weekend. It's a fairly cheap hunt with a possible opportunity to shoot a trophy exotic, but no guarantee.

Comment

Originally posted by Gardiner77 View Post
                      We are looking at going in October for WT, and just wanted to see if there tips on how to hunt it.
                      Gardiner, did y’all end up going WT hunting in October? If so how was it?

Comment

Working...
                      X