Hour 24 of a 96 hour fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BassMaster13 View Post
    I need a complete system reset, and like the idea of the mental challenge.

I wonder if this gatorade product would be okay? I could see getting a headache from no caffeine.

https://www.gatorade.com/endurance/g...flavored/pouch
    Says it is 0 calories so it should be fine.

Comment

I did a 5 day fast once. Lost 17 lbs had scar tissue across my body shrink and the pain from my broke tail bone totally resolved and never returned.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

65 hours in, got pretty hungry last night smelling my wife's dinner but doing fine today. Still just black coffee, electrolyte water, magnesium pills, and multivitamin. Down 8 pounds so far as of this morning.

Originally posted by BassMaster13 View Post
        I need a complete system reset, and like the idea of the mental challenge.

I wonder if this gatorade product would be okay? I could see getting a headache from no caffeine.

https://www.gatorade.com/endurance/g...flavored/pouch
        Gatorlytes should be fine. Brings back memories, haven't had them in years. They used to have them available to us in college, they could turn super sugary regular gatorade pretty salty so I imagine the ingredients aren't much different than what I'm currently taking in.

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
        I did a 5 day fast once. Lost 17 lbs had scar tissue across my body shrink and the pain from my broke tail bone totally resolved and never returned.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
        Those are some pretty cool side effects I wouldn't have anticipated.
        Last edited by Gclyde28; 01-06-2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

My wife talked me into doing one of these juice things with her for 3 days. Today is day 3. No food, just these juice things she ordered. Suprisingly I've not been super hungry, I just miss eating. Ready for today to get over with and have some breakfast tomorrow!!

Comment

Woke up this morning down from starting weight of 241 to 229 pounds. Close to 90 hours in now. Prob a good chunk of water weight lost yesterday evening since I went to sleep early and didnt drink much water once I got home. Hunger is still plenty manageable but I'll sure enjoy a lite dinner tonight.

Comment

Gonna go ahead and start a 48 hour fast. I'm 13 hours in now. Maybe i'll go longer when i get to 48 depending on how I feel and what's going on. I think the weekend will be a harder fasting period than during the week so we will see.

Did a 24 hour last week.

Comment

Drink "Snake Juice" while fasting.
                8 cups (2 liters) of water
                1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of Himalayan pink salt
                1 teaspoon (5 g) of salt-free potassium chloride
                1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of food-grade Epsom salts

Check out the Snake Diet guy. He's obnoxious to listen to, but knows what he's talking about.

Also check out Dr Eric Berg's videos on youtube
                [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMZfyEy_jpI"]Dr. Berg's Healthy Ketogenic Diet Basics: START HERE - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                  Drink "Snake Juice" while fasting.
                  8 cups (2 liters) of water
                  1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of Himalayan pink salt
                  1 teaspoon (5 g) of salt-free potassium chloride
                  1/2 teaspoon (2 g) of food-grade Epsom salts

Check out the Snake Diet guy. He's obnoxious to listen to, but knows what he's talking about.

Also check out Dr Eric Berg's videos on youtube
                  Dr. Berg's Healthy Ketogenic Diet Basics: START HERE - YouTube
                  Quick question without watching a bunch of videos, when he describes the plate, with a large salad, some protein and some fat, what are you using for fat?

Are almonds and pecans acceptable? It seems like I've seen macadamia nuts are included in keto also....

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    Quick question without watching a bunch of videos, when he describes the plate, with a large salad, some protein and some fat, what are you using for fat?

Are almonds and pecans acceptable? It seems like I've seen macadamia nuts are included in keto also....
                    Avacado, nuts, cheese, butter, greek yogurt, eggs, and of course Fat. Dont trim your steaks

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                      Avacado, nuts, cheese, butter, greek yogurt, eggs, and of course Fat. Dont trim your steaks

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                        You can also get away with a lot of carb intake if you've sufficiently depleted muscle glycogen stores from an intense workout. Good little biohack to know about if you're looking at putting on muscle while attempting to stay in ketosis or just want faster recovery. Your muscle glycogen stores eating keto will come back from gluconeogenic substrate, but it probably takes a full day.

I need to learn more about this. I'm not looking to fast but just started a keto diet while still working out 4X per week, goal is so cut some belly fat while still building upper body size/strength.

I couldn't give a hoot what the scale says

Comment

Started my 72hr fast at 8:00pm last night. Funny how on a typical morning, I would have already had breakfast even though I’m not even a little bit hungry. I also would have had a small snack about 10 or 11 last night. Bad eating practices are really coming to light.

Of course by tomorrow I’ll probably be chewing coffee grounds to keep from dying. Wish a brother some luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am on day 3 of a 10 day fast.... Well... Modified fast. Coffee with heavy whipping cream and water.

Yesterday was pretty awful. Felt sick to my stomach. Worst part was I was not in ketosis, so keto flu still to come unfortunately.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              I am on day 3 of a 10 day fast.... Well... Modified fast. Coffee with heavy whipping cream and water.

Yesterday was pretty awful. Felt sick to my stomach. Worst part was I was not in ketosis, so keto flu still to come unfortunately.

10 days isn’t a fast. That’s survival![emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post

Hunger strike much? Holy cow! I don’t think I could do 2 days, let alone 10! My stomach would be gnawing on my backbone!

Good luck and hope you don’t have any adverse effects!

Comment

Working...
                                X