No announcement yet.

Old fridge smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just looked up Tempco finned strip heater, Auber PID controller and Auber fan for my build. A buddy used these for his build. It got a work out last year. Going with the Amaz-n-maze smoker tray..

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
      I've always wanted to put one of these on an old freezer to make a big pellet smoker/cooker.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/161779549717
      I plan on doing that with mine.

Comment

I ordered a hot plate this week . My plan is to build a 3 by 3 by 4 smoker out of ply wood and use the hot plate for heat.

Comment

I think Saturday I’ll finally have time to work on this thing. I bought supplies a couple days ago but went hunting

Comment

I was able to do a little work on the smoker.
            I bought a new 4” hole saw and the second hole has it dull as a butter knife. There is a 1/2” layer of cardboard coated in a tar substance. I removed that from the top and bottom because I was afraid it would melt. Burned a little wood in there today for several hours to see if the tar stuff did not melt.
            It held 225 for several hours. I have much more to do but the test was good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That dang porcelain on the inside on the box is a pain on the hole saw. I guess that $20 tool lasted a few minutes. Ended up cutting the vent holes with a cutoff blade

Comment

Redneck engineering at its finest!

Comment

Our dishwasher went out so I decided to use it instead of building one out of wood.. its gonna take some trial and error since I've never smoked sausage but the first batch turned out ok.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Kirby, you get this thing fired up and functional yet ??

Comment

Working...
                    X