Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

French Cleat storage wall - GrandPa tribute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
    Nice I like it.
    Thank you Mchildress.
    KJ

Comment

Dang my wife saw this and now I have a honey do.

Comment

That turned out great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
          Dang my wife saw this and now I have a honey do.
          Sorry Paycheck, there goes some of the paycheck!

KJ

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
            That turned out great!!
            Thank you, sir.
            KJ

Comment

Thought about doing this in my half car garage shop but im renting the house and not sure how the homeowners would feel about the idea of all of the holes when taken down. Looks great

Comment

Sweet. That is my project for the Thanksgiving break, I'm ready to organize the clutter.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase0305 View Post
                  Thought about doing this in my half car garage shop but im renting the house and not sure how the homeowners would feel about the idea of all of the holes when taken down. Looks great
                  I had seen where some folks had expressed the same concern about the multiple holes; concerned about them. They took the size they wanted of 3/4" birch plywood, and actually mounted that to a french cleat. They had QTY for holes with 3/8" lag bolt. When they moved, they took all the cleat and tool holders off. Then removed the 'french cleat wall' portion of the birch ply, then removed the back cleats. They only then had 4 holes to patch per 'panel'. Just a thought. KJ

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                    Sweet. That is my project for the Thanksgiving break, I'm ready to organize the clutter.
                    Cool - share pics and ideas you come up with! KJ

Comment

That is very cool. I think I have located a place in my garage to rip off your design. Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                        That is very cool. I think I have located a place in my garage to rip off your design. Thanks man!
                        Hit it! I rip off'ed many other folks I found from pictures and thoughts shared.
                        KJ

Comment

Very nice work young man. Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by ktjones View Post
                            I had seen where some folks had expressed the same concern about the multiple holes; concerned about them. They took the size they wanted of 3/4" birch plywood, and actually mounted that to a french cleat. They had QTY for holes with 3/8" lag bolt. When they moved, they took all the cleat and tool holders off. Then removed the 'french cleat wall' portion of the birch ply, then removed the back cleats. They only then had 4 holes to patch per 'panel'. Just a thought. KJ
                            Thats a great idea i think i will have to do that

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
                              Very nice work young man. Keep it up.
                              Thank you, sir. For the double compliments on the work and.... the young man comment. I am not young, per se, but sure felt good the old man ego! KJ

Comment

That's way too organized! I'd never be able to find anything!

Looks awesome. Nice work!

Comment

Working...
                                X