May 16th MCAC Work Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May 16th MCAC Work Day

Saturday May 16th will be a work day out at the new place. We need to cut shooting lanes and get everything ready for our regular club shoot on the 23rd. Zach will be on at some point to provide directions but I can tell you it's on County Line Rd a few miles east of Willis.....We will be starting early probably about 7 or 8....We need saws, machetees, weed wackers, etc.....we have 30 lanes to cut so some extra manpower would be a great help.....

It's gonna be hot, bring plenty of water....

Poptart,

Y'all would schedule it for this weekend. The one weekend I have actual plans scheduled. I live about 5 minutes from the new site and am jazzed! If needed I do have a chainsaw I can loan to you.

Chris

Comment

Here is the email I sent out earlier this evening....

Well, moving day is here!!! MCAC will be shooting at the new place on May 23 with a shotgun start at 10:00AM. Tell all your friends. I will be getting a flyer out to everyone this week (hopefully)

WORKDAY is scheduled for THIS Saturday May 16 at 8:00AM. We need an "all hands on deck." We have the new lane and practice range cut at the new place and will be needing to cut 30 shooting lanes. If you have machetes and/or weedeaters and are able to come cut a few shooting lanes we desperately need your help. Also if you have a tractor please let me know. We need a little bit of mowing and cleaning up around the road.

Directions (again, I will have a map to send out soon):
      In Downtown Willis at the intersection of HWY 75 and FM 2432. Go east on FM 2432 and go over RR Tracks. At second light turn left onto County Line Rd (This is the interesection at the entrance of Bushmaster Archery). Go just over 2 miles on County Line Rd, when you see the major electric transmission line crossing over the road, start slowing down. At the top of the hill the entrance will be on the right. I'm hoping to have a banner up for the Workday. Please reply if you are able to come and help on Saturday.

I am sorry for the delays in getting stuff out to everyone. There is a lot of stuff going on here at home that I must devote more time to than MCAC. I will try to get on the flyer and map ASAP. I know our attendance has reflected in my slacking off. For those of you who don't know, my wife is pregnant with our third child and has been placed on 100% bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy. We found out when she was 26 weeks and have been doing this for 4 weeks. I thank those who have been praying for us and I ask to continue dong so. I have my plate full with not only my wife, but my other 2 kiddos as well. Truthfully, if I am able to make 2 shoots this year I will be lucky. I will make it an effort to get the flyer out to everyone hopefully by the workday.

Again, thanks for your patience and hope to see you soon

Comment

ttt

Directions:
        In Downtown Willis at the intersection of HWY 75 and FM 2432. Go east on FM 2432 and go over RR Tracks. At second light turn left onto County Line Rd (This is the interesection at the entrance of Bushmaster Archery). Go just over 2 miles on County Line Rd, when you see the major electric transmission line crossing over the road, start slowing down. At the top of the hill the entrance will be on the right. I'm hoping to have a banner up for the Workday.

Comment

Come on guys we are going to need help. I will have the tractor work done prior to work day and will try to have the container moved also. The main trail has been cleared already so the primary business at hand will be cutting the shooting lanes which will only be a big job if it is left to only 1 or 2 people.

Comment

confirmation of Director of Food Procurement will be there.

Comment

Zach, are you nippin on the babies formula again?

Comment

Work day

Wendy and i will be on hand may be a little after nine cause i work the nights see yall there.

Comment

Good to hear Junkie! Odem says he will be there and will spread the word around the bowshop.

Comment

If I wasn't hunting this weekend I would be out there for sure.

Comment

Wife reminded me that we have inventory at the shop this saturday. It depends on what time we finish if we can make it. Hopefully the inventory will only take 2-3 hours and then we will be out. I have a chainsaw and weedeater i will bring with us to the office. We are new members and really want to help out and show support for the club.

Comment

Looks like we have some new members that want to take part in MCAC....Welcome Bowlegs.....

DJ.....come out and shoot when you can....we'd be glad to have ya......

Comment

ttt

Comment

As a new member I have been trying to be active myself. Unfortunately this weekend I have commitments. Are you still planning on setting the course on Sat mornings? If so I will try and get there early before the shoot.

Comment

well it sounds like you guys are coming along,any chance of putting a field range in up there?I would be there but iam already involved with the clean -up effort down at Saltgrass Archery Club.After Ike It looked like a war zone.What is you membership cost and your rules for the range and its members.

Comment

Working...
                              X