No announcement yet.

Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of them maybe sticking out of the water. RC needs some rain. I hope it gets soaked on friday.

Comment

Nice, I need to do some cold water fishing Squaw creek was a madhouse last weekend, always is come January

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Is that where were going. I vote for palistine never been there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
        Nowhere to stay there. Palestine resort gets $150 a night for a shed but they won't have many available. The crack rock motel across from Ledbetter might hold us but if you don't stab yourself with dirty needles or get eaten by the bedbugs you will be lucky if your truck and boat is still there in the morning!

Comment

Dang

Originally posted by Buff View Post
          We beat them up pretty good on LOP Friday. Caught them on yellow and white hand tied jigs
          [ATTACH]986657[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]986658[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]986659[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]986660[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]986661[/ATTACH]
          Nice Sac's there.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
            Nowhere to stay there. Palestine resort gets $150 a night for a shed but they won't have many available. The crack rock motel across from Ledbetter might hold us but if you don't stab yourself with dirty needles or get eaten by the bedbugs you will be lucky if your truck and boat is still there in the morning!
            Okay I know that there is big fish over there

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              I'm going to send you a PM

Comment

Conroe

I put some work in on Conroe today. I haven't mastered the white perch, but I'm trying!!! Sorry for the sideway pics...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Tbuddyandroby; 01-09-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  I'm 1 step closer to getting back on the water! Just need to finish welding them onto the transom. But it's been a pain cause I've only got two 30 amp breakers for the machine which requires 100 amp service. Gotta make a 40 yard walk and back every time it trips. Or only weld half inch at a time. Then wait 45 seconds and weld another half.
                  It does OK for edges and corners. But out on the flats, or anything heavier than 1/8" is a pain.

Also picked up 2 more Helix last night. One is a SI. Other is a DI. I've already got one SI with GPS. I'll use one as a backup. And mount the other on the removable drop in deck up front. [ATTACH]986555[/ATTACH]

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                  Those pods look nice! If i had a few more inches in my garage I would love to add them to my boat.

Where you finding these helixes? I want to pick one up too. Missed the black friday deals.

Comment

I have not caught any. My sonar is not good enough to find them when they are down deep.

But I watched some guys with a huge screen on the bow- I'm assuming that new live view, and gps trolling motor wearing them out on Waco sunday afternoon. They were in 35-45ft of water.

I caught some good black bass while looking for whites off of points. I guess they are deep too still.

Comment

Are there any rules and regulations to putting brush piles in lakes? Asking for a friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                        I put some work in on Conroe today. I haven't mastered the white perch, but I'm trying!!! Sorry for the sideway pics...
                        Excellent. I watched a pontoon boat drop some a week or 2 ago near April Plaza ( Conroe ), and literally an hour later someone found it and was fishing it.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          Excellent. I watched a pontoon boat drop some a week or 2 ago near April Plaza ( Conroe ), and literally an hour later someone found it and was fishing it.
                          When I circled back around, I could see bait fish on my graphics. When I go back, i'll take a screen shot of the lat/long and pm you.

Comment

I don't have a good enough sonar yet to find brishpiles...So I thinking just hit the 1097 pillars with some shiners?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              I don't have a good enough sonar yet to find brishpiles...So I thinking just hit the 1097 pillars with some shiners?
                              Yep, 1097 west side I hear is good. You need to get there early because boats are at almost every pillar. I'm Far from an expert and still learning unlike Slew and others, but if you get to a point near a channel/creek, you might have some luck. I'm Really wanting to learn more and get some go-to spots; that's the reason for me dropping a few trees... If you have any decent graphics, I'll send you what I have. Also, go the Texas Dept. fisheries and look up Lake Conroe, and others. They have lat/.long of PVC holes dropped.

Comment

TBH crappie fest for 2020 will be held at scenic Richland Chambers reservoir at Oak Cove Marina may 29th to 31st. They have 20 plus rooms left from $65/85 a night depending. Half are smoking rooms though so folks from Porter should feel welcome. They have a store there at the marina that sells bait. Breakfast and serves lunch. They have a patio area we can cook at and its located right next to the bridge so it won't be hard at all to get there to fish if you don't know anywhere else to go fish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X