Shipping Lowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
    From the way I understand it, once a Rifle always a rifle. Someone feel free to correct me.
    Only person that knows it has ever been fully assembled is you. If it's never mentioned it did not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
      Only person that knows it has ever been fully assembled is you. If it's never mentioned it did not happen.

I meant by law. Not going to advocate circumventing gun laws but I fully understand your point.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
        Y
        Do not declare it as a firearm.
        You do need to declare it as a firearm.

The Postal Service may require the mailer to open parcels containing firearms or air guns or give written certification that the weapon is unloaded and not concealable.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          You do need to declare it as a firearm.

The Postal Service may require the mailer to open parcels containing firearms or air guns or give written certification that the weapon is unloaded and not concealable.

https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_009.htm

I mailed a full rifle not declared. Just insured it for what it was worth. They never asked so I did not say. I just answered the questions they asked.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
            I mailed a full rifle not declared. Just insured it for what it was worth. They never asked so I did not say. I just answered the questions they asked.

That’s probably all fine and well unless something happens to the package and you try to file an insurance claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

that's the only part of an ar this a 4473 is required.

the lower is a firearm. you get caught and it's probably a felony.

Dealers have to ship to a FFL when you order one.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                that's the only part of an ar this a 4473 is required.

the lower is a firearm. you get caught and it's probably a felony.

Dealers have to ship to a FFL when you order one.
                False. No FFL required if you’re shipping in state from a legal Texas resident to another legal Texas resident.

Dealers are different. His is a private sale.

USPS box. Package it. Ship it. Done.

Comment

Thanks for all the info, I do appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    False. No FFL required if you’re shipping in state from a legal Texas resident to another legal Texas resident.

Dealers are different. His is a private sale.

USPS box. Package it. Ship it. Done.
                    My bad. Learn something new every day. Did not know that.

I was always under the impression that a "firearm" had to have a 4473 filled out if sent thru mail.

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.

I was under the impression that the only way a non-licensee could ship a "firearm" was to a gunsmith(licensed) or back to the manufacturer.

Sorry for the miss-information.
                    Last edited by hpdrifter; 02-17-2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

We have one member who says it is violation of Federal Law to use UPS or FedEx for private sales but could not show proof of stated law or what the penalty would be...I don't buy it as it there is no logic & the post office also works with both of those carriers.

Comment

The fact it used to be a rifle actually helps you OP. Like it says above, rifles and shotguns can be shipped directly to a legal Texas resident. All other “firearms” are a no-no.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                          The fact it used to be a rifle actually helps you OP. Like it says above, rifles and shotguns can be shipped directly to a legal Texas resident. All other “firearms” are a no-no.
                          Not true. You can ship a handgun but not thru usps unless you are a dealer. Perfectly legal to ship a handgun via ups or fedex as long as both parties are residents of Texas.

Comment

Except FedEx and UPS policy is to not ship them unless it’s to a FFLs.
                            And the ATF says that you are required by federal law to notify the carrier that it’s a firearm.
                            Last edited by ahlongslide; 02-17-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Well heck, lots of conflicting opinions/facts. I always thought a FFL was required.
                              In for the answer...

Comment

What federal law requires is added to what the carrier requires. The lower can be shipped to a Texas resident under Federal law. USPS only ships rifles and shotguns from non FFLs. (Postal regs) So ship it, call it a rifle, (because that is how it was built) and you should be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X