Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-07-2020, 05:33 PM   #1
Mrsailfish
Four Point

Default Work question

So I work for a large county and drive an electrical truck for them. My helper has been there a couple years longer than me. This morning I stopped at a store to get a snack on the way to the job, he did not want anything and stayed in the truck. When I got back in he told me to stop by his house so he could get some from his wife, I told him no and when I passed up the road to his house he starts screaming that I had better turn around or he was going to F**k me up. I just ignored him and went to the job. I got out of the truck and started eating my snack and he got some tools and walked passed me and reached over and slapped my hand when I was taking a bite and jut grazed the side of my face. I am debating on telling my boss and getting him fired or what to do.... I also donít want to be labeled a snitch.... what would the green screen do.... thanks
Mrsailfish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 05:36 PM   #2
yotethumper
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County

The guy over re-acted for sure but why not swing by his house if it's close to the job? Just curious.

If somebody was screaming at me, told me they were going to "F**K me up, and then touched me.... we'd have a lil situation on our hands.
yotethumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 05:36 PM   #3
CEO
Pope & Young

How long have you two worked together?
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 05:36 PM   #4
Razorback01
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where my Elite takes me!

I got nothing, sorry.
Razorback01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 05:37 PM   #5
12RingKing
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

Sounds like you need to have a conversation with him. If he won’t fix it himself, then go talk to the boss.
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 05:37 PM   #6
Jspradley
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Yeah man I'd report that, he is an accident waiting to happen.

Theres a difference between snitching over petty things and exposing a truly dangerous person
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 05:41 PM   #7
Mrsailfish
Four Point

We have worked together for a year. The reason I would not stop is because our boss has been leaving the shop and going to different jobs to see what time different crews are getting to the job..he does not know this because he is late every morning.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:43 PM   #8
HoustonHunter94
Pope & Young

So he wanted to swing by the house to hump on his wife? Prolly shoulda done that before he left for work. Iím with the guy above that if he yelled at me that he was gonna **** me up and then physically touched me, things would have went downhill fast. We mighta both got fired.

As it stands, I would prolly have a discussion with him if you think it would not turn bad. If you think it would, yes see your boss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HoustonHunter94 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 05:48 PM   #9
Kevin.
Four Point

Hunt In: Collin County

Ummm...no. Should have been solved the moment he touched you. Words I can handle, physical contact in that manner absolutely not! Now he knows hes got you. This wont end with a trip to the office.
Kevin. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 06:01 PM   #10
yotethumper
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsailfish View Post
We have worked together for a year. The reason I would not stop is because our boss has been leaving the shop and going to different jobs to see what time different crews are getting to the job..he does not know this because he is late every morning.
Makes sense that you wanted to get there on time. He should have had his wife pack his snacks before he left.
yotethumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 06:02 PM   #11
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

being a snitch isn’t cool but being walked on is worse. Stand up for your self or tell the boss man y’all can’t work together
Jcjohnson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 06:07 PM   #12
HoustonHunter94
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
So he wanted to swing by the house to hump on his wife? Prolly shoulda done that before he left for work. Iím with the guy above that if he yelled at me that he was gonna **** me up and then physically touched me, things would have went downhill fast. We mighta both got fired.

As it stands, I would prolly have a discussion with him if you think it would not turn bad. If you think it would, yes see your boss.

Haaa just re-read OP and realizing that the dude wanted to get some snacks at home. I read it that he wanted swing by the casa to bump uglies with his wife. Guess my head is in the gutter.

Old 02-07-2020, 06:09 PM   #13
Mrsailfish
Four Point

He did want to go home and bump uglies with momma
Old 02-07-2020, 06:11 PM   #14
jds247
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jasper county newton county and sabine county

I wouldn't let that fly. We would have probably tied up.. but definitely tell the boss..
jds247 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 06:16 PM   #15
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

He was mad cause you stopped for yourself and wouldn’t stop to let him go in and spank his wife’s monkey? Knowing me in my younger days I woulda done the wrong thing and slugged him and gone on with it; however, in the most liberal sense, he just assaulted you.
I would let someone know just in case an “accident “ were to occur. If you take it to HRyou run the risk of getting run off yourself for misappropriation of company property or whatever term they use for using a company truck for personal business.
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 06:24 PM   #16
HoustonHunter94
Pope & Young

Quote:
He did want to go home and bump uglies with momma

Aaaalllrighty then. Refer back to my first post. Shoulda knocked a piece off before he went to work.

Old 02-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #17
WT
Ten Point

Shoulda put them hands on him.....
WT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 07:37 PM   #18
Strummer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard

We would of both been unemployed if he did that to me .
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 07:42 PM   #19
AlaskaFlyerFan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Don't have a place yet

Not cool. Next time, drop him off at the house then go to the job site. Ask your boss to go pick him up.
AlaskaFlyerFan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 07:49 PM   #20
1longshot
Four Point

This ^^^^^
1longshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 07:57 PM   #21
Tbuddyandroby
Ten Point

Hunt In: Votaw

"How big a boy is he?" Roy D. Mercer

Seriously, if he put hands on you, and you did nothing and continue to give him a free ride to work, it'll happen again, IMO.
Tbuddyandroby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 08:03 PM   #22
billfromtx
Pope & Young

He sounds like an idiot. He slapped your face and you did nothing!!!???
Heíd be fired at the very least.
billfromtx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 08:05 PM   #23
merlin
Eight Point

That would have been the thing to do. Drop him off and go to work. Be honest with the boss.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 08:07 PM   #24
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Im not going to tell you what you should do. Because I dont know, and dont want to be responsible if it turns bad.

But I will say this. Nobody is going to get away with putting their hands on me. At the very least i would tell hin that is his one and only chance, and next time we will both be fired because its going down. Period. Doesnt matter who "wins" , he will be hurt.

The one time I almost got physical for real at work I was a single dad ( with primary custody ) of my 2 kids. I didnt want to be fired so told the guy in front of every everyone that Im clocking out and going outside to wait off company property. He never showed. But as soon i came back in he started up again.

I will tell you this. I regret not beating the living crap out of him and getting fired for it. I quit shortly thereafter because the company ( IMO ) treated my like I was the instagator. Lose- lose for me.

I would also let him know that you dont break rules. You do your job. There is no going home for that, or taking unauthorized breaks etc.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 08:42 PM   #25
sqiggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Panola Co and Robertson Co

Think I would had him show me a pic of his wife. If hot, I'd said heck yeah, but only if I get to watch!!!!!
sqiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 08:42 PM   #26
BTLowry
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5

betting employer has less of a problem with you grabbing snacks than him rolling in the sheets with someone while on the clock
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 08:42 PM   #27
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017

I would recommend 2 things. 1)Talk to the guy. 2) tell the boss. Hereís why.

I almost stabbed a guy at work with a screwdriver one day.

This situation took place over several years. It was known in the shop that me and this guy didnít get along and why. Iíd ignore him to the best of my abilities.

He was making extremely inappropriate advances and remarks towards me. Heíd already been fired for it once.
This was hard headed and didnít listen or get the memo.

I did my best to keep away from him. Anyways one Iíve got to help him on his job. He walked in front of and rub his butt in the area of my junk. I pushed him away from me and said some bad words, he runs up the ladder he was using. I grabbed a screwdriver off his tool box and followed him up it. I told him if it happens again Iíll gut him!! I was super ******. I climbed off the ladder and walked away. The supervisor was standing there and only saw me push him and chase him up the ladder.

Couple minutes later boss calls me to his office. Wanting to know what happened. He said heíd talk to him AGAIN. I said ok but Iím tired off dealing with him. Next time Iíll likely kill the guy. Ainít gonna happen. This is my 2 weeks notice. I left his office and went back to work. A little while later I get called back to the office. All 3 bosses and the supervisor are there. They told me they wrote him up again, next write up is his 3rd and heíll be fired. They ask me to not quit. I said Iíll think about it Iím still super ******. At lunch no one would talk to me. 3 days goes by and everyone is ignoring me. Finally I ask one of the guys what the deal is.

He said Iím a snitch and no one wants to be around me. I said fair enough. Hereís what happened. What would you do? He said heíd a kill him. He also said the other guy didnít say anything about that.

Couple days later it was mostly back to normal.

This was 2 years ago and I still work there. Me and the guy are cordial towards one another.
Pushbutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 09:04 PM   #28
Big Lee
Eight Point

Hunt In: Central Texas

He wanted to check on his cheating wife.

If he swatted at me... find his favorite hang out. In a non disclosed parking lot show him right from wrong.
Big Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 09:07 PM   #29
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

Quote:
Haaa just re-read OP and realizing that the dude wanted to get some snacks at home. I read it that he wanted swing by the casa to bump uglies with his wife. Guess my head is in the gutter.

Thatís what I read!
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 09:11 PM   #30
Mrsailfish
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLowry View Post
betting employer has less of a problem with you grabbing snacks than him rolling in the sheets with someone while on the clock
We are allowed to stop and get a cup of coffee and a snack in the morning. We are not allowed to go home and sleep with our wife
Old 02-07-2020, 09:14 PM   #31
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

I smell a troll

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 10:03 PM   #32
Charles
Pope & Young

Do you also have $6K in credit card debt you want to default on?

I'd have a talk with him and let him know this is his one and only mulligan. If it happens again you will file a formal complaint with HR. Be prepared to kick his *** if he doesn't take your fair warning like a civilized man.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 10:19 PM   #33
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin. View Post
Ummm...no. Should have been solved the moment he touched you. Words I can handle, physical contact in that manner absolutely not! Now he knows hes got you. This wont end with a trip to the office.

Yep
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2020, 11:07 PM   #34
Acameron52
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman & Loving

His wife hot?
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 04:38 AM   #35
Radar
Pope & Young

Horse chit story.

Proceed for the next 5 pages of drama queens and holier than thou boys.

Last edited by Radar; 02-08-2020 at 05:07 AM.
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 04:57 AM   #36
8pointer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher county

An incident like this is something that you report to your boss immediately. The last thing you want is that guy telling a different side of the story to the boss.
8pointer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 06:39 AM   #37
Buckwheat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bosque County

Quote:

Thatís how I read it also!!!!

ďThere's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.Ē -Fred Bear-
Buckwheat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 07:01 AM   #38
Rick
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sonora

should have asked if you could join in
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 07:32 AM   #39
DEREKG22
Spike

The way I took it was the guy maybe didnt have money for snacks and wanted to grab some from the house....in this case I woulda told him he should remembered to grab them before he left...when he slapped my food out my hand my instinct woulda been to kick his teeth in but hopefully I would have stopped and told myself it wasnt worth getting fired over if I wasnt hurt in any way....then I woulda finished the job, dropped him at headquarters and told the boss I wasnt gonna work with that douchbag again and if he chose to put me with him again and there were issues to come of it that as my supervisor he had been made aware of the situation....if there was another instance after all this- leave him toothless
DEREKG22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 07:45 AM   #40
richbaum
Nubbin' Buck

My limited philosophy is I'll let a guy spout off all he wants until he's within swinging distance. Then he becomes a threat and I go first... p.s. Haven't had to do that in over 25 years.
richbaum is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 07:50 AM   #41
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty County

Quote:
We are allowed to stop and get a cup of coffee and a snack in the morning. We are not allowed to go home and sleep with our wife
Iíd find a new company to work for, this sounds pretty unreasonable.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 09:07 AM   #42
sqiggy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Panola Co and Robertson Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEREKG22 View Post
The way I took it was the guy maybe didnt have money for snacks and wanted to grab some from the house....in this case I woulda told him he should remembered to grab them before he left...when he slapped my food out my hand my instinct woulda been to kick his teeth in but hopefully I would have stopped and told myself it wasnt worth getting fired over if I wasnt hurt in any way....then I woulda finished the job, dropped him at headquarters and told the boss I wasnt gonna work with that douchbag again and if he chose to put me with him again and there were issues to come of it that as my supervisor he had been made aware of the situation....if there was another instance after all this- leave him toothless
You need to read the complete thread. The guy didn't want to stop by his house to pick up snacks. He wanted to knock off a little nookie from mama first!!!
Try to keep up!!!
sqiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 09:37 AM   #43
doublearrow
Ten Point

I feel like we are being trolled but in the case weare
not.....
Why werent fist thrown when he slapped your hand? Thats when it should have been settled.
doublearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 09:43 AM   #44
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Yeap. I'd turned down the road to his crib and got out the truck to go inside. He would have changed his tune or called his sister in law

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #45
LivinADream
Ten Point

Hunt In: Winnie, Piqua KS

I generally try to be better today than I was yesterday. I'm human, I'm not perfect, my God forgives thank goodness. I would have failed that day. Jobs are fairly easy to come by right now, he would have swallowed teeth that morning

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
LivinADream is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 10:22 AM   #46
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Aaaalllrighty then. Refer back to my first post. Shoulda knocked a piece off before he went to work.

Maybe he had to wait for her boyfriend to leave.
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 10:31 AM   #47
TxSon1836
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma- Public

like most i thought he was wanting a little puntang which he shoulda got before he left. but since he was running late and obviously forgot his i would say after this first job we can if its 2 hours or 7 doesnt matter boss man is checking up randomly and im not getting in troule because you forgot your teddy grahms and cheese its at the crib. when he smacked my food outta my hand it would have been very tough to not make him swallow his teeth but a paycheck is more important then a gas station snack.
TxSon1836 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #48
Mrsailfish
Four Point

He did not want gas station snacks he wanted to screw his wife. He had plenty of food
Old 02-08-2020, 11:45 AM   #49
Strummer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard

Quote:
He did not want gas station snacks he wanted to screw his wife. He had plenty of food

Or to make sure sancho wasnít there taking care of her .
Strummer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #50
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
Or to make sure sancho wasnít there taking care of her .
Or the HS boy next door.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top