No announcement yet.

what has made you leave the woods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather is the only thing that has caused me to leave the woods. Haven't been scared out of the woods yet.

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
    When I was a snot nosed kid I used to roam every creek bottom and ridge in the area. I did more "still hunting" than anything because I was too impatient to sit still very long. A man that my dad knew very well had come up missing. It was all over the news and everyone figured he'd been murdered (still missing). A couple of days prior his trick had been found about a mile from my parents house. I was back there slipping around with my 20ga buckshot and squirrel shot in my pockets and I hear some dogs bayed up in a creek. Going to take full advantage of a bayed hog situation I broke and run in that direction. I see 2 dogs up on a bluff bank of a dry creek bed baying into the bottom. 1st thing I remember noticing was the rangy almost creepy cartoonish picture the dogs displayed. They didn't pay me much attention and I eased over to the creek shotgun shouldered and ready to ventilate a big Ol pig. As I eased up I noticed a black garbage bag stuck into a hole in the creek. I ran the dogs off and slipped down in the creek as curiosity was getting the best of me at around 10 or 12 years old. Now mind you there had been TONS of pictures of the missing man all over the news. The black plastic sack was bulging and I took my gun barrel and tore the bag aside. Sheer panic coursed it's way through my body! To this day and multiple near death experiences later I've never been as scared as I was that day. Right in front of me was "a man's gray hair" showing through the garbage bag! I tore out of there like the Devil was chasing me and didn't slack up til I got to the house. It just so happened that dad was getting out of his truck from work. He was just about to light into me about running with a gun and I started screaming and crying, "I found Bill Roland I found Bill Roland!!!!" my dad could see that I was genuinely scared out of my wits! I couldn't stop shaking and was on the verge of a panic attack. He went inside and told mom that we were going to the woods to have a look and I all but fainted! There was no way in hell I was going back out there, more especially in the dark! The next morning dad took off work and I missed school. Now remember I was sort of aimlessly roaming around and when the dogs bayed up I just ran in their direction. I couldn't for the life of me take my dad back to where this had occurred. He knew I hadn't made it up bit got pretty frustrated with me over the deal. To this day I can't find that creek! As I got a little older curiosity got to me more and more and I would always look for this spot again.

Looking back ok the deal as a grown man bow I realize that most likely someone had skinned a bunch of cat squirrels and stuffed them into the garbage sack and put them in the wash out BUT... Who really knows???
    Just done a quick Google search and this man is still missing.....21 years now. Some strange things about his disappearance.....

Comment

Do any of u guys remember I think 4 yrs ago when the comet flew thru the sky lighting up the dark around 5am? It became daylight from the ball of fire then went dark again. Me and my buddies could see each other perfectly it was so bright. That was crazy stuff. It was seen all over the state.

Comment

I think duck season and deer season opened on the same day that year. We were about to hunt ducks

Comment

In 1978, me and some other heathens thought we would grow some wacky tobbacky in a creek bottom. We got some seeds and planted them in the high weeds near the creek. It was a long walk in and out of there. Them plants got about 4 or 5 ft tall and we thought we was gonna sell it to the hippies and make big money.

Me and my Uncle Junebug snuck down in the high weeds to look at our treasure. We got amongst the weeds and our treasure had been cut down and was gone, and about that time a man started hollering to put your hands up and dont move. Shoot man, we lit out of there like our heads was a fire. Never got caught, but boy howdy it was scary.

Reckon it was the only time I was chased out of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
            Do any of u guys remember I think 4 yrs ago when the comet flew thru the sky lighting up the dark around 5am? It became daylight from the ball of fire then went dark again. Me and my buddies could see each other perfectly it was so bright. That was crazy stuff. It was seen all over the state.

Similar, but different time of the day. I remember it vividly. It was Saturday night late on Nov 8, 2014. We were at my ranch in N. Medina County with my father, brother, best friend and my two sons. We were deep into our cups sitting around the camp fire telling old Comanche Indian stories. We were there because my 71 yr old father was going in for surgery on Monday to remove a small bit of cancer off is lung. Routine deal...

I got up to relieve myself facing to the Southwest and out of no where the sky lit up with the most beautiful emerald green burning light moving across the sky. Not too fast, but it was moving. It lasted long enough for everyone to see it. I’d say 5-7 seconds. No noise that I can remember. Spent half a lifetime under the stars across the world and never seen something like this.

I haven’t researched it much, but my father passed away due to complications from the surgery a few days later. Perfect last weekend together. I doubt related in a super natural way, but this is always an interesting fire side story with the right group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

About 30 years ago, I was attending college at Stephen F. Austin State in Nacogdoches, TX. I had a very good friend who liked to hunt, and we decided to go squirrel hunting on some public land in the area. To make things fun, we decided to use .22 LR pistols to hunt with. I was asking my buddy if he had ever hunted in this area, and was it safe when we heard the unmistakable sound of fully automatic gunfire. The gunfire seemed pretty close by, and we both decided there were better places for us to be. We saw a game warden on the way out, and stopped to tell him about the fully automatic gunfire. He told us that there were a lot of illegal marijuana grow sites in the woods, and the growers sometimes shot to scare people off. It worked on me and I left those woods and never returned.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Nolove View Post
                Similar, but different time of the day. I remember it vividly. It was Saturday night late on Nov 8, 2014. We were at my ranch in N. Medina County with my father, brother, best friend and my two sons. We were deep into our cups sitting around the camp fire telling old Comanche Indian stories. We were there because my 71 yr old father was going in for surgery on Monday to remove a small bit of cancer off is lung. Routine deal...

I got up to relieve myself facing to the Southwest and out of no where the sky lit up with the most beautiful emerald green burning light moving across the sky. Not too fast, but it was moving. It lasted long enough for everyone to see it. I’d say 5-7 seconds. No noise that I can remember. Spent half a lifetime under the stars across the world and never seen something like this.

I haven’t researched it much, but my father passed away due to complications from the surgery a few days later. Perfect last weekend together. I doubt related in a super natural way, but this is always an interesting fire side story with the right group.

I saw that one from the 10th floor or so of a Ft Worth building looking SW. We were at my cousins wedding, everyone accused me of being a little to deep in my cup as well. (I was)

I looked it up the following Monday and found some dash cam footage from San Antone. I bet it was some kind of bright in rural Medina County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  In 1978, me and some other heathens thought we would grow some wacky tobbacky in a creek bottom. We got some seeds and planted them in the high weeds near the creek. It was a long walk in and out of there. Them plants got about 4 or 5 ft tall and we thought we was gonna sell it to the hippies and make big money.

Me and my Uncle Junebug snuck down in the high weeds to look at our treasure. We got amongst the weeds and our treasure had been cut down and was gone, and about that time a man started hollering to put your hands up and dont move. Shoot man, we lit out of there like our heads was a fire. Never got caught, but boy howdy it was scary.

Reckon it was the only time I was chased out of the woods.
                  If I ever decide to grow marijuana, I’ll hope I can find a side kick named something cool like uncle Junebug

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                    Weather is the only thing that has caused me to leave the woods. Haven't been scared out of the woods yet.

Just done a quick Google search and this man is still missing.....21 years now. Some strange things about his disappearance.....

I’m married to his step granddaughter

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                      I’m married to his step granddaughter

Have there been any more leads on him? One of my friends dad was a diver for the Emergency Corp back in the 90's. I can recall him going out and looking for a man around the late 90's but they never found him. Makes me wonder if this was the man they were looking for.

Comment

I grew up south of Houston and lived in Rosharon along the brazos river for a few years. I was probably 11 or 12 and one day when we had family in town we wanted them to see all the deer at Brazos state park so we drove down for the afternoon. On the way home about 45 minutes before sunset I couldn’t control myself and had my mom pull over to relieve myself (hardly anything or anyone around) I got out of the truck and ran off the dirt road into some bushes to pee and as a typical joke they drove off to try and scare me. I’d been through that before so I wasn’t worried and kept on tending to my business. As they took off I heard someone running towards me from the river which was about 200 yards away. It was just dark enough under the trees that I couldn’t make out a face real well but at first I thought it was my cousin trying to scare me. Once a body actually appeared about 40 yards away I realized I had no idea who this person was but they were looking dead at me. I took off running faster than I’ve ran before, and booked it for the road. At this point my folks were turning around a couple hundred yards down the road in a small church parking lot and I had already covered some ground. They pulled up laughing as I jumped in scared as could be and told them to take off. I briefly gave them the run down and and I couldn’t see where the man I thought was following me had ran to, then as we pulled off on the other side of the road standing still underneath a small oak tree was a man just calmly watching us drive away. To this day don’t know who that was or what he was chasing me for but I stayed on my end of sandy point for the rest of our time in Rosharon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                          I ran outta bullets once.

Skinny
                          Did you hit anything?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                            If I ever decide to grow marijuana, I’ll hope I can find a side kick named something cool like uncle Junebug
                            It was a feeble attempt to get rich. I aint even sure what we was growing. We dont even know who hollered at us, heck we was just a bunch of teenagers getting ready to go the military and was always in some sort of trouble. Mom and dad had the Navy recruiter at the kitchen table the day I turned 18. They said one heathen gone and three to go. Lol.

My Uncle is still alive and aint that much older than me, and he still wild. When that movie Boggy Creek came out me and ol June Bug was always seeing bigfoots in the woods

Comment

[QUOTE=Dale Moser;13549990]I saw that one from the 10th floor or so of a Ft Worth building looking SW. We were at my cousins wedding, everyone accused me of being a little to deep in my cup as well. (I was)

I looked it up the following Monday and found some dash cam footage from San Antone. I bet it was some kind of bright in rural Medina County.

Sent from my iPhone using
                              Interesting you saw it from there. It was bright, like entering the atmosphere on fire bright. That was a crazy week and the whole green light thing got lost in the shuffle.

Comment

As 8th graders, My friend, who later became an Airborne Ranger and chief of police, went out hunting one night. We were about a mile from the house, and maybe 5 miles from the Sabine river (close to the Tawakoni dam) when my fearless dog got into a short but intense fight with something. Our kitchen flashlights would only shine maybe 10' so we had no idea what it was, but that dog came running back to me and it was scared. That was the first and only time I ever saw fear in that dog. So Bryan and I decide it was time to head back to the house. We had traveled maybe 50 yards, and just crossed a small drainage ditch at the mouth of the woods when something big came out of the tree and crash into the ditch behind us. We turned around, but our flashlights were not bright enough to make out what it was. The only thing I can tell you is it was over 5 foot tall. We ran maybe 20 yards, I turned around and I could tell it was coming out of the woods following in our direction. I fired my trusty single shot 20 gauge with #8 birdshot over its head, then turned and ran all the way home, hurdling ever fence. I had no idea Bryan could not hurdle a fence. After about 5 mins and Bryan still wasn't home I started to get worried, but he soon made it back. Scared as white as a ghost, we both were. parents had a blast with us. Bryan still tells his side of the story. Truth is bigger than a man card sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X