Clear All

anyone else braving this cold weather. ..sure is nice out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Been out all day, no deer yet.

Comment

Switchback, any more sightings?

Comment

Good evening in the woods. Nothing came to corn. Back at it again in the am.

Comment

I was out for a mid day sit nothing came by me. Wish I was off work tomorrow it is going to be a good one for hunting.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-18 19.55.47.png
Views:	1
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	24477149

here's one I seen today...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey fellas it's been a while. I've hunted a total of 3 times this year. 2 on Aquilla and once on W. Old trails that don't seem to be as active. Not giving up yet. Not seeing a whole lot of harvested deer period. Be safe out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Coop, you done any good this year?
                  I've had several great hunts but I haven't shot at anything. Mostly just enjoying the out doors. I've seen lots of deer but no real shooters this year. A lot of young bucks early in season but not so many now.

One of my grandsons got his first deer this year. A wide typical 6 point. I really enjoyed that hunt and his excitement.

The few hogs I've go pictures of keep coming in mostly between 9 pm and 4 am and I'm just not mad enough at em to stay out that late anymore.

When you shoot em then the work starts.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                    I've had several great hunts but I haven't shot at anything. Mostly just enjoying the out doors. I've seen lots of deer but no real shooters this year. A lot of young bucks early in season but not so many now.

One of my grandsons got his first deer this year. A wide typical 6 point. I really enjoyed that hunt and his excitement.

The few hogs I've go pictures of keep coming in mostly between 9 pm and 4 am and I'm just not mad enough at em to stay out that late anymore.

When you shoot em then the work starts.
                    Ain't that the truth!
                    And congrats to your grandson, and you .

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
                      Hey fellas it's been a while. I've hunted a total of 3 times this year. 2 on Aquilla and once on W. Old trails that don't seem to be as active. Not giving up yet. Not seeing a whole lot of harvested deer period. Be safe out there.
                      Whats up brother! Good to see you post-n again.

Comment

Ill be out next week trying to kill a doe with my recurve. Anybody else hunt with a recurve?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                          Ill be out next week trying to kill a doe with my recurve. Anybody else hunt with a recurve?
                          Mostly longbow but recurve once in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                            Mostly longbow but recurve once in awhile.
                            awesome!

Comment

Got in stand at 3:00PM yesterday, No action until around 4:30, a small nubbin buck walked in and a small 8 point walked in after him. They hung around for about 5 min eating the hand corn and were looking to the south pretty hard and eventually walked off to the south. around 5:00 I was getting pretty cold and decided to take the stabilizer off the bow and place it into my bag. I turned around to see a large bodied buck standing behind a limb of the pecan tree I was hunting from. I couldn't tell exactly how big his horns were due to the low light but he looked like a shooter. About 5 minutes later he stepped into my shooting lane 30 yards away. I drew the Mathews monster back with my scott release and settled in behind his shoulder and let the Easton axis fly. The buck ducked hard as the arrow was released and jumped into a mule kick and ran to the north crashing through the brush. I was confident it was a good shot but decided to wait about 30 minutes before tracking. I walked down to retrieve my arrow to learn that it was covered from nock to point in bright colored blood. I found blood early and followed it all the way to the prize. Enjoy![IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X