Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    You did good there this summer Carlock . Those green trash fish pay green too.
    And your right, their not my fav to eat. But I have been known to eat a few. I do like jig-n up the little green slabs, some white, some black, and some with a black stripe known as a Mo-hawk . Been known to eat Goo too. Only it takes a fish twice the size of a sandy to get the same amount of meat because the rib cage is so large. Taste like sandys do too. Really small ones make good yellacat bait. And love me some gator gar back straps steaks with seasoning or wraped in bacon ! I don't mess with carp hardly ever. Just to much work for that . Guess that's why I don't bow fish for them either.
    Have electric fillet knife (and manual), will travel.
    U let me know when and I'll take u on a white perch trip..here locally..after the spawn ..I don't catch fish that are spawing...
    besides whites if someone buys the fuel and keeps them...I'm good to go..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Fish Camp

If ya get a fish camp goin, I'm game. I've been known to catch a few slabs on the brook. Was hoping to compliment my fishoulder with some deer and pig this year, but still haven't made it out. Still trying to get consistent and accurate with my bow.

Comment

Fish

Comment

Originally posted by SlabHappy View Post
          If ya get a fish camp goin, I'm game. I've been known to catch a few slabs on the brook. Was hoping to compliment my fishoulder with some deer and pig this year, but still haven't made it out. Still trying to get consistent and accurate with my bow.
          Fish camp would be at whitney!!

Comment

Well, i'ld like to figure out Whitney, too. I'm sure I can find a few there. Was thinking of trying some, so this year I can pig hunt in am and fish after.

Comment

Thank you for the offer Carlock. Might have to see what I can do sometime.

On some of my past winter duck hunts, I'll throw out some jug-lines the day before. Then hunt them down after the duck hunt. Two hunts in one .

I've got a tub of brand new Monster-jugs I put together last spring, out of Monster Noodles. Got Monster hooks on-em too (#0/8). And haven't got them wet yet. They be sit-n beside my desk here stair-n at me all the time feel-n neglected.

Comment

Deer were moving by 7:30. A few guys I know saw deer already. I'm in an old spot that hasn't been baited but good travel route. I haven't seen anything yet.

Comment

The best to ya switchback.

Comment

TG. Your missing all the fun lol!

Comment

Good luck I'll be back out this evening

tg...I'm not much on catfishing but I'll go to bs..lol..

Comment

Dang obligations gonna keep me from having fun this morning in the freezing wind and cold . Got to go pick up some briskets before noon I've got stored at my brother's place, for 2 family gatherings next weekend. I got named "Meat Chief".

Sounds good Carlock. Sit-n on the bank cooking, or fishing for other fish, while jugs are soaking is usually how I roll.

I'm-a gonna pick up a Cajun Cooker one of these days to make the fish frys go much faster. Just gotta figure out what size I want. That's what we use at Nanza most all the time. One is a 8.5 gallon 3 basket cooker. And usually have a couple of three 2-basket Cajun Cookers for 60lbs taters, hush-puppies, deep fried ribs, onions, and such. We'll average about 30-35lbs of fillets per hour not count-n every thing else. I got a production line go-n there. "We'll boil, anything in oil".

Comment

I'd be up for a fish weekend, but hopefully we've some hog-killin to do first (if drawn).

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            They were bait-n alright. And caught one.
                            I been had!!!

Comment

Yesterday was a nice day until 3:20 PM and no one had to tell me the Norther hit. First true Blue Norther I've seen in quite some time.

I haven't fished (other than bow fishing) since 84. Got to where I couldn't handle the river banks and never got into lake fishing. But I can put away more than my share when they're ready for eating.

I didn't know there were none eating fish until I was grown. We ate everything we caught. Not to say there weren't some fish I liked better than others. We use to make Gar balls from Gar and pressure cook Carp and make Carp patties. Also, never knew anything about filleting fish until I was grown.

Comment

Coop, you done any good this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X