No announcement yet.

18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an epic hunt for the two of you. Best of luck on the next 2 legs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great Thread, live hunt.
      Thanks for sharing!

Congrats to you both

Comment

A little backdrop on the property and expectations for the upcoming hunt in Arkansas. It’s 150 acres of river bottom ground that we leased for 10+ years and my wife and I were able to purchase it one year ago.
        We have taken several deer 150”+ with the biggest being 170”. The main target buck will be a deer I passed several times last year(and got called an idiot for doing so) and I’m so glad I passed him and he made it!! I knew he was more than likely 3 1/2 last year (around 140”) and was a gorgeous typical 10 point. This year he’s still a main frame 10 but with a split g2 on one side but man he gained a lot!!!, Width, mass, points, etc… He will be 150’s this year. He has busted one G2( not the split) and the tip of another point, but I don’t care, he’s mature and he will be dead if he gets within bow range! I’ve laid eyes on him 3 times this year just out of bow range… I think he just wants to wait on Heith to get here!! Ha!

This property hunts way bigger than 150 acres and there’s no telling what can show up un-announced. Every year in December or January new deer will appear. We will be hunting out of redneck blinds or lock ons, and over food sources… either lush food plots or a feed site. I’ll share a few pics of the deer we will be after but also some deer that to my knowledge made it through last year but haven’t showed up yet.
        I know I’m more excited about this hunt than any hunt I’ve done this year! Should be a lot of fun and I have high expectations that something is going to DIE!

And here’s a last year vs this year

And here’s another big deer I only got pics of one time so far this year.

And here’s some that were around last year but haven’t decided to pose for the cameras yet this year.

And last but not least this deer showed up last year on New Year’s Day.

I can promise y’all if Heith kills any of these deer I’ll be more excited than if I were the trigger man!!

Before anyone asks, this is private river bottom ground in Eastern Arkansas. No coordinates, specifics, etc… lol. We will be staying at my duck/deer camp not too far away from where we will be hunting:-)

Comment

7 more days buddy!!!!
          Can’t wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
            7 more days buddy!!!!
            Can’t wait!!!

Me either!!!!

Comment

18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

I’m firing the live hunt back up after the longest 2 weeks ever!
              Left the rig @ 1:45 on 2 wheels headed for Midland airport. I’m Arkansas bound and can’t get there fast enough. After a short layover in DFW, I’ll land in Little Rock, grab a rental and should pull in to Clark’s duck camp sometime around midnight.
              Clark and I have been in contact every day for the last 14 days, texting, calling and exchanging pics of deer. He has an absolute no brainer, shooter, that’s frequenting his food plots and feed areas. (See Post #573) I’ve insisted that he try to kill him, but he insist on waiting for me to get there so we can both hunt him. Hard to argue with a friend like that!!

I’ll have Wednesday-Friday to run an arrow thru something in a beautiful Arkansas river bottom. I’ll keep it as live as possible. May even get to shoot some Geese if things work out right.

Ive read my whole live hunt about 15 times and looked at mine and T’s LDP’s a thousand times, just to relive everything up till today. No way I can top our Kansas hunt, but I can still spend time with some great friends, hunt daylight to dark, make more memories, kill a couple of wall hangers and keep the live hunt entertaining.

Let’s see what happens this week!!!!

Comment

Game on! Wish i was there! Me n Josh could cook up a storm!

Comment

Cutting it close on my layover. Sat on the tarmac waiting on a gate, had to be reassigned a new gate. Made it with a minute to spare.
                  American Airlines is not my favorite, at all!!!

Praying my bags make the flight too!

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
                    Game on! Wish i was there! Me n Josh could cook up a storm!

Me too buddy!!!

Comment

Good luck. Not the greatest weather the next couple days (warm) but might be some deer moving.

There are quite a few geese flying. We shelled them this morning.

Comment

In!

Comment

Giddy up

Comment

Ready for action

Comment

Landed @ 9:30
                              Finally found my bow @ 10:00. Apparently good help is hard to find at airports too. Thought Christmas was about to come tomorrow. Clark already had plans to make a trip to the bow shop so I could visit Archery Santa.
                              Rental car secured and I’m headed to camp.
                              ETA 12:30 AM.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X