Doing Dry December (DDD) Who’s In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
    If I did that I would have to drink water and water tastes like [emoji90].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s a lot better if you don’t drink out of the toilet.

Comment

I got 28 dry December's under my belt. I can muster up another one Good Lord willing. I'm in.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by bakin7005; 11-28-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
        I got 28 dry December's under my belt. I can muster up another one Good Lord willing. I'm in.

Very impressive sir.

Comment

You must b drunk!

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
            I always said that is what February was the shortest month. Cold, wet, no football, tired of winter blues and the perfect time to go dry, start knocking off the holiday pounds and get ready for March madness and spring turkey season.
            Excellent perspective on life activities.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
              Nope, I’m out like a fat kid in dodgeball!
              I was a fat kid but I was hell on wheels with a dodgeball.

Comment

Burt Reynolds died.

Comment

If you want to go dry for a month, why pick December?

Comment

for every one you dont drink, i'm gonna drink 2

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post

We are a couple of sticks-in-the-mud. I have 62 of them !

Comment

In my drinking days, I'd have laughed at you when you asked, now I have 138 dry months on the books. People should just do what works for them. When it came to beer I had no off switch, so none for me. LOL.

Comment

Well this went over like a lead ballon. But I have enjoyed the jokes!

I like a challenge and def overdid Nov. Dec is definitely the hardest month to do it. coupling it up with some workout goals.

Comment

No thanks. I only drink when I'm alone or with someone.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

I decided to take a month off last November, no real reason, just wondered if I’d drop some pounds, see if I could still have fun without beer. I replaced beer with mineral water and ice cream, so the whole drop a few pounds is still a work in process.
                              I will say in my case I needed the break, and couldn’t believe how well I began sleeping and some other changes, especially being more patient with my kids.
                              It’s been over a year now and it’s been a lot of fun. Trip to Alaska, some fishing weekends, hunting and a couple weddings seemed strange without beer, but I don’t have a single complaint.
                              Nothing saying I can’t or won’t drink again, and to anyone who has that little voice in their head wondering if they could stop if they wanted to, or if things would still be fun, I can assure you waking up feeling great each day and having a more positive outlook has been great for me.
                              To anyone who want to drink, cheers! Enjoy yourself without a bit of judgement from me. The one thing I don’t like is that it seems awkward around some, and having been on both sides, I totally get it now.

Comment

I don't drink any more. I don't drink any less either.

Comment

Working...
                                X