Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck sir.

Comment

Good luck. Im sitting a pretty random west wind stand. Nice deer in the the area but odds are low
      . I'm in the woods though

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Good luck. Im sitting a pretty random west wind stand. Nice deer in the the area but odds are low
        . I'm in the woods though

I may be headed back there this morning. 5 does in my apple pen now. Not sure I can get back there. Good luck and thanks for hanging with me guys. I’ll update at the gate when I make a decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

TONY!!!
          How have I missed this thread!?!?
          Caught up sitting here waiting on daylight, with no fingernails left.

Good luck buddy!

Comment

Deer so hungry 3 does stood under the feeder while I climbed into a rifle blind

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
              TONY!!!
              How have I missed this thread!?!?
              Caught up sitting here waiting on daylight, with no fingernails left.

Good luck buddy!

Lol because you been living the good life in the Midwest! I’ve been following along, just glad someone see’s deer when they hunt and then actually kill on a live thread [emoji1787]! Congrats to T and you man.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Deer so hungry 3 does stood under the feeder while I climbed into a rifle blind

Blanked so far. Gonna bounce early. Need to grab a couple hundred #’s of corn and get the pens re baited for this week. They definitely seem to be easing off acorns

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                  Blanked so far. Gonna bounce early. Need to grab a couple hundred #’s of corn and get the pens re baited for this week. They definitely seem to be easing off acorns

It's my first sit in 2 week's. 7 does and all waited for the dinner bell. They have acorns, oats and corn all within 20 yards of them.

When there was no corn left from last night they are acorns and oats and waited for the spin.

Pops has been here since Friday and seen nothing slick heads and young bucks..and those have been rare

Comment

I got out early. Put up a new pen with the left over panels at the tripod and put 150# of hand corn piled in each of our pens. I may get to hunt this evening not positive yet. Wife is battling some food poisoning. Not sure if I’m on little one duty or not.

Comment

Busy day but a red moon so I was able to slip in by 4 pm on my best access spot. He showed at 5:30 at the apple pen 350 yards from me. Very frustrated but glad he made a mistake. Feels killable now that he showed in daylight without a doe.

Comment

awesome up dates Tshelly, thats a very nice buck and those mini feed pens are a neat idea. Looks like you've fine tuned your tactics for those east tx bucks.......good luck

Comment

Live: Yaupons, Pine and a lil Cedar

Headed north. Not sure if I’ll go to apple or stay with the tripod. We really set up the tripod because a south wind is not ideal for the apple pen. My buddy has bumped deer twice on a south wind when headed in for afternoon sits. Once hr said for sure was a lone buck. Last night he was in the apple pen with a SE wind. I think the plan in my head is to hunt the tripod, bail around 10 and go do my home inspection then get back in earlier with different access into the apple pen. I’ll update when I can.

Comment

“Meaty” has taken on a new name for me and my best friend that have been staying hooked on him. We’ve gone to calling him “The Ghost”. He certainly haunts our dreams. We both have 4 other properties scattered around texas but we have spent pretty much all free time on this tiny spot after this deer lol.

Comment

Good luck this am

Comment

About to head in. A buddy and his brother have an old wives tale that of you happen to catch a Randy Travis song on the radio when headed to the stand you are going to kill. I’ve certainly disproven this tale numerous occasions but I’m here for it. Clicked the radio on this morning and hit scan and first rattle out of the box Randy comes on. It’s a good morning to kill.

Comment

Working...
                                X