No announcement yet.

Persimmon Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persimmons, plums, and apple trees work great just make sure that the livestock can't get to the young vegetation or they with never get to the fruit bearing stage

Comment

Originally posted by Mountaineer View Post
      Yes, have several on my property they are a deer and coyote magnet. Only problem is most of them drop fruit too early. All the coyote scat I see from sept-oct is full of persimmon seeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      Would not plant any around here as they are common (orange eastern variety). Deer will eat them but coyotes seem to love them. Have found coyote scat with seeds in places that I don't know of any trees for a long ways.
      Same on our place. The coyotes love them, but so do the deer. Coyotes will jump up to pull them off the trees and deer will stand on their hind legs to get to them.

Comment

So strange this thread just came up. My wife has seen Coyotes several times over the years going up under two trees in the back yard, and we never knew why. This weekend I was mowing and I noticed what looked like little golf ball sized persimmons all over the tree and on the ground. I'm assuming thats what the coyotes are after... Pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat70 View Post
          Persimmons, plums, and apple trees work great just make sure that the livestock can't get to the young vegetation or they with never get to the fruit bearing stage
          I used some leftover wire net from my fencing to keep the horses and cattle off of them.

Comment

Working...
          X