• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    Did you find a compressor?
    Not yet. Still researching

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Went ahead and bit the bullet. Ordered the FX Impact M3 Sniper in .25 caliber. Neat thing about this rifle is the ability to change barrels and go up to .357. Bout 6 weeks lead time. OUCH!
      Now all I need to find is somethin to air it up with that doesn't look like a bicycle pump.
      What's the best bang for the buck that's got good reliability?

I see a lot of these mentioned. Are they any good?

GX PCP PUMP 30MPA 4500PSI High Pressure Air Compressor PCP Airgun Scuba Air Pump
      Sounds great...Downside is 6w ...Upside ya got time to find ad rat hole money for Comp.and tank good luck

Comment

Oh crap! just got email with tracking number for UPS. I may never see this thing now. Sure was hoping for Fedex as shipper.

Comment

Recently got a .457 Air Force Texan Carbine with suppressor & have shot two deer with 250 grain air venturi hollow points at 100 yards. First deer was found about 300 yards away & second deer was never found. Both deer just stood there for a few seconds when first shot. I'm guessing many of y'all are more experienced than me with these PCP guns & am wondering if there is a better bullet I should be using at 100 yards? What about an air venturi 300 grain round nose flat point?
          Last edited by techzan; 11-23-2021, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by techzan View Post
            Recently got a .457 Air Force Texan Carbine with suppressor & have shot two deer with 250 grain air venturi hollow points at 100 yards. First deer was found about 300 yards away & second deer was never found. Both deer just stood there for a few seconds when first shot. I'm guessing many of y'all are more experienced than me with these PCP guns & am wondering if there is a better bullet I should be using at 100 yards? What about an air venturi 300 grain round nose flat point?
            I'm just guessing but if a hollow point was to double lung a deer they usually won't go more than 40-50yards same as with a broadhead hit. Deer can't run with no lungs working. As soon as the use up that last breath and the lungs have filled with blood they stop, wobble and fall over. On the other hand a heart shot deer can run for quarter mile or more. Crazy how that can happen.

Comment

It's here! Has a Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56 FFP and a DonnyFL moderator.
              Thing is whisper quiet compared to my Gamo springer. Slugs are louder hitting the target board than the gun is. Trigger is great at about 1lb or less and crisp break. Magazine holds 28 shots.
              Ken Hicks @ [email]kenhicks@southernprecisionairweapons.com is who I got it from and he tuned it for the pellets and slugs I plan to shoot. Tune sheet shows 899-900 fps with 26 gr slugs for 5 shots.
              I think it might be the ticket to some coon carnage.
              First five slugs for me at 20 yds was slug on slug. That little red dot is about 1/4".
              Hope to get some longer range shooting in this afternoon out to 100 yds.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'll be replacing the vortex rings with a one piece QD mount so I can switch back and forth with my Wraith IR for night time varmint control. One thing at a time for now.

Comment

Looks great, have fun!!!

Comment

That looks like a great setup!

Mine just arrived as well but I haven't taken it out. I ordered a hand pump until I can figure out how I want to gas it up. My brother has a 130cf HP scuba tank and I'll probably use that but I'll need to order yet another item - the adapter for the tank. I'll need a chrono as well so I can tune it but, like you, I have several bold raccoons that need to meet their maker.

I got a very good deal on a used FX dreamline bullpup .25 with a donny FL and the power plenum installed as well. It arrived yesterday but too dark to shoot when I got home. I'll post up a pic tonight and try to get it outside. I have some JSB 33.9 and some 26 JSBs to give a go.

I put a 4-12x50 hawke airmax on it for now...

I won't be going out to a 100 hence the bullpup.

Comment

You will be surprised at how far it will shoot accurately. I have now shot mine at 50 and 75 yards and it will group less than 1" at 75. Next will be 100 and 130 as soon as we get the target backstops built. Making a dope sheet is the fun part. I'll leave mine zeroed at 75 and dial up or down from there or just use the Mrad marks. I did discover the slugs shoot a flatter trajectory so I will need two dope sheets. The air gun ballistics phone apps don't work as well as I would like but they get you close. Once my dope sheets are done I will take a picture and save it to my phone in case I forget the numbers.

Comment

You will be surprised at how far it will shoot accurately. I have now shot mine at 50 and 75 yards and it will group less than 1" at 75. Next will be 100 and 130 as soon as we get the target backstops built. Making a dope sheet is the fun part. I'll leave mine zeroed at 75 and dial up or down from there or just use the Mrad marks. I did discover the slugs shoot a flatter trajectory so I will need two dope sheets. The air gun ballistics phone apps don't work as well as I would like but they get you close. Once my dope sheets are done I will take a picture and save it to my phone in case I forget the numbers.

Try the Chairgun app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                          Try the Chairgun app

I have it and a couple of others. They will get you close but actual shooting and chrono data works best for me. My gun tested 900, 899, 899, 898 and 900 for 5 shots with 25.4gr pellets. Pellet arc/drop is within 2" of the app at 50 yds. From there it only took half a mil to bring them into the center dot. From there all it takes is writing down the numbers and twisting the turret up or down. I expect the same results for 100yd and 130 yds. I don't expect to be shooting past 125 from stands to feeders. After doping the Strike Eagle I will move on to the Wraith IR night vision. That one will be a challenge since it is not mrad and FFP. The Wraith will have to be all hold over or under from max zoom power. Fun stuff.

Comment

I have it and a couple of others. They will get you close but actual shooting and chrono data works best for me. My gun tested 900, 899, 899, 898 and 900 for 5 shots with 25.4gr pellets. Pellet arc/drop is within 2" of the app at 50 yds. From there it only took half a mil to bring them into the center dot. From there all it takes is writing down the numbers and twisting the turret up or down. I expect the same results for 100yd and 130 yds. I don't expect to be shooting past 125 from stands to feeders. After doping the Strike Eagle I will move on to the Wraith IR night vision. That one will be a challenge since it is not mrad and FFP. The Wraith will have to be all hold over or under from max zoom power. Fun stuff.

I can definitely appreciate the “ Scientific” application for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                              I can definitely appreciate the “ Scientific” application for sure.

Yeah these apps don't have the same pellet mfg and drag coeff in their data base that I am shooting so it's guessing as to what to choose.

Comment

If any of yall run across a 457 texan long with a 3x9x50 Leopold on it
                                ... its probably mine. Stolen from my truck last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X