Biggest I've ever passed. (Score)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest I've ever passed. (Score)

This is a deer we call flames, have history with him for a few years. He didn't seem to get any better this year over last year. A little disappointed honestly. I had him at 14 yards Saturday morning. He's an 11pt trying to throw a kicker on his G2. Lots of long tines but a narrow rack. What do you think he scores? We are going to hunt him next year. He would have been my biggest bow kill. Hard to pass.

Pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Should have put a arrow through him and you would have had a score.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
        Should have put a arrow through him and you would have had a score.
        Hoping he blows up with a boost of protein next year.

Comment

146-5 year old. Hope he is behind a high fence because if not when he starts rutting you might be able to score him at your neighbors house.

Comment

That's a great deer.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
              146-5 year old. Hope he is behind a high fence because if not when he starts rutting you might be able to score him at your neighbors house.
              Low fence

Comment

He is older than he looks just a small bodied deer.. He will score decent too.. You should have plunked him..

Comment

I passed a 13pt earlier this season because he just looked too young. I actually came to full draw in him at about 12yds, then let down because all I could think about was how good he would be if he somehow makes it to next year. I probably screwed up, as I’m on 122ac.

It was OK though, because I shot a 7-8yr old 9pt the next day.

Hope you get a crack at him next year!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I really cant say i think he will get any bigger, and i am normally one to say give him another year. He looks mature, and grew those antlers in a pretty good rainfall year.

I admire your restraint!

Comment

Spread is so overrated....High and tight is bad *** as long as the beams are there. He's dang sure got some ups!

I'd have shot him all day long.. Is this West Texas by me?

Comment

Hill country deer , mid 130s to 140.
                        Last edited by Sika; 11-22-2021, 08:50 AM.

Comment

He’s mature…I would have ground checked him.

Comment

Folks everywhere are saying the same thing about their bucks... No increase and in a lot of cases, deer have gone down some this year over last. That's certainly the case on our place down South. I personally attribute it to the defoliation caused by the late freeze and in our case down south, we got rains but they did not start until late in the Spring... It was VERY dry during the post-rut/early Spring on our place. We fed heavy cottonseed, but still there's no substitute for plenty of natural browse, and I think that hurt us...

Comment

Not old enough to be going downhill. If he makes it he could end up being a main frame 12 with some extras. Pour the free choice protein to him and see if it helps. Food plot might keep him at home. Hocks are not black yet so he may not be the resident dominate buck. Hope he doesn't get pushed out and become a traveler.

Comment

Working...
                              X