No announcement yet.

Anyone ever have those days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrating when I am trying to zero a rifle or develop a load and my group is the size of a grapefruit.

Hand it to a friend of mine who is a skilled shooter and the group turns into the size of a quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
      Frustrating when I am trying to zero a rifle or develop a load and my group is the size of a grapefruit.

Hand it to a friend of mine who is a skilled shooter and the group turns into the size of a quarter.
      I have a couple of rifles I can shoot ¾" groups with. My buddy can keep the on a dime.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. Im pulling my shot Rt about 4-6". Its my grip I believe but not real sure how to correct. When on targets I shoot first shot and then think about it and it corrects but shot a doe yesterday and was lucky to have killed her as shot was 6" right but got an artery. Only ran 30yds and piled up.

Comment

Not really. Some are a little off but never that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemonster1 View Post
            Yes. Im pulling my shot Rt about 4-6". Its my grip I believe but not real sure how to correct. When on targets I shoot first shot and then think about it and it corrects but shot a doe yesterday and was lucky to have killed her as shot was 6" right but got an artery. Only ran 30yds and piled up.
            If you are right handed it could be you're plucking. Pulling your hand away from your face as you release. Or collapsing.
            Make sure you are expanding your back tension through the shot maintaining it until arrow thumps target.

Comment

Well, I have't gotten good enough that my "good days" and "bad days" have enough variance that I notice.

Comment

It'll come. What I w found helps me is calling myvshot mentally. With a rifle/pistol or compound it's fairly simple. Knowing where the sight was when the trigger breaks and calling it immediately mentally then to your spotter. With a trad bow it works a bit different for me. I'm calling it based on my target focus, form, release and follow through. But knowing I plucked or let my bow arm swing or collapse all factors into where I expect the arrow to hit. When I practice by the low light of the patio lights like just now it becomes painfully obvious why I missed my mark. Then I can make adjustments and end up on some good shots.
                Only shooting once in the last four weeks showed at first but after just a half dozen shots I'm back in the zone and making kill shots.
                Of course tomorrow is another day so we'll see.
                Thankfully my travel is finished for a while and I can get back to hunting in Texas.

Comment

I’m dealing with string slap at the moment. Shooting ok but that string hitting my bare arm is starting to hurt. Playing with grip angles a little bit and shooting on bit it feels funny

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                    I’m dealing with string slap at the moment. Shooting ok but that string hitting my bare arm is starting to hurt. Playing with grip angles a little bit and shooting on bit it feels funny

Is your brace height too low? Sometimes that will induce string slap. If not, you are either gonna have to figure out how to grip that bow so it dosen’t hit, or just get an armguard.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Is your brace height too low? Sometimes that will induce string slap. If not, you are either gonna have to figure out how to grip that bow so it dosen’t hit, or just get an armguard.

Bisch

It’s at 7 7/8” and shoots great so I’m hesitant to adjust it.

I think it’s how I’m gripping the bow my knuckles are not at a 45 degree angle, I’m holding it like I would a 1911 pistol

Comment

Elbow turned down sounds like. Can you get a pic of you at full draw?

Comment

Anyone ever have those days

Your BH is not too low!

I actually ran into this problem a bit when I first got my Primal Tech. It was a huge change going from a Sarrels longbow to the PT grip. After shooting it a while, I finally figured out how to keep my arm outta the way.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                          X