Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
    Let us know how it goes. Good luck.

Have pictures of project truck in question as well as the 350 from anybody tagged/interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishtank401 View Post
      Have pictures of project truck in question as well as the 350 from anybody tagged/interested

What is the casting number on the heads?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Rebuild the big block.

Another vote for Big block lives matter

Comment

If you want to sell 454 please pm me

Comment

Comment

Truck had been sitting for years tag expired in 2014 and distributer and spark plugs had been missing for a long time so the cylinder walls were probably messed up and was seized until a couple days ago

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                What is the casting number on the heads?

When I put my hands on them again I will let you know my buddy has them as his house but he is deployed right now probably get them in a month or less

Comment

Here is a thought for you, I'll bet you could trade a machine shop that BB for the machine work you would need to stroke your SB. If you don't want to go that route, I'll take that heavy hunk of junk BB off your hands, save you a trip to the junk yard.

Comment

If it is an automatic and you go with a big cam make sure you pair the stall on the torque converter right. A big cam on a stock stall is no fun for regular driving.

Comment

Whichever way you go fuel injection is a huge plus if you can fit it into your budget. Nothing you do will make the engine run smoother and have a smoother power curve when mapped correctly.
                      Even in an old stock carbed engine a good FI system will make it feel like you have some power adders. Headers and exhaust will make it come alive too.
                      Stock heads are usually the choke point but there are ways to help them flow better without spending big bucks. Advancing the timing gear +4 deg will add low end torque. Retarding -4 deg will add top end HP.

Comment

This should be finished next week. 5.3 in my '89 GMC 2500 x-cab long bed with 5sp. And 3.42 in the back. Certainly better than the 210hp 350 it came with. 350 did give me 278k before getting to weak to pull my boat.. Getting updated A/C also. Click image for larger version

Name:	11-17-2021c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	24669433Click image for larger version

Name:	11-17-2021f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	24669434

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-19-2021, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Also got some Dakota guages to go in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            This should be finished next week. 5.3 in my '89 GMC 2500 x-cab long bed with 5sp. And 3.42 in the back. Certainly better than the 210hp 350 it came with. 350 did give me 278k before getting to weak to pull my boat.. Getting updated A/C also. [ATTACH]1070965[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1070966[/ATTACH]

Looks great!!! You will not be disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
                              Here is a thought for you, I'll bet you could trade a machine shop that BB for the machine work you would need to stroke your SB. If you don't want to go that route, I'll take that heavy hunk of junk BB off your hands, save you a trip to the junk yard.

Lol I actually worked out a deal with my uncle he wants the motor and said he will I’ve 500 for it so I’m paying for my block to e a chimed with that lol

Comment

Here is my block before the machine shop (it’s leaves Monday)

And I have my connecting rods and pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X