No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody mapped out the various locations from Justin Hurst WMA or MadIsland WMA onto OnX that would be willing to share? The Hunt and Harvest maps are not the best quality.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
      If you want to come up the Ferris sometime late in the season, I can get your boy on a mallard. We also have woodies but that is more luck than skill to have them show up in front of the blind.
      I can come to Ferris sometimes . Yall hunt this last weekend? Lots of birds moved in Friday night but I didnt hear yall doing any shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
        I can come to Ferris sometimes . Yall hunt this last weekend? Lots of birds moved in Friday night but I didnt hear yall doing any shooting.
        Not many birds around right now, which is very odd for mid-November. Did you all do any good this weekend?
        Last edited by No-Tox; 11-15-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I had 15 Canada geese fly about 30’ over my deer blind on Saturday morning. This is the second time it’s happened there so I think next time I’ll haul a 12 gauge with me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9AD11DC7-C578-4419-9FF6-5754CF0FCFE7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	24669186

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
            Not many birds around right now, which is very odd for mid-November. Did you all do any good this weekend?
            We did ok. Shot 10. But seen ALOT of birds. Most were headed south though very fast.

Comment

Got 4 on Saturday in Wichita County and 10 on Sunday in Clay County. Not too bad for the amount of birds we've been seeing. Seems like there was more last weekend and they pushed out before the opener.

Comment

Beautiful Sunrise Saturday morning. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	24669190

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had quite a few ducks come in Sunday and ended with a decent strap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

checked pond in iredell texas, loaded to the top with widgeons - happy hunting fellas

Comment

Very slow on our Waco place. Our divers have not arrived yet. When Rice Lake NWR in Minnesota freezes over....we get our ringnecks. Last week they were still reporting big numbers.

Comment

I’ve got probably the most birds I’ve ever had this early. I won’t hunt them until second split. Let the public hunting keep pushing them to me. I probably doubled after this weekend

Comment

Is anybody interested in linking up over Thanksgiving week? I am in Waco and off all week. My boat is motorless so my hunting is pretty limited this year. Have plenty of gear and a dog.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                            Very slow on our Waco place. Our divers have not arrived yet. When Rice Lake NWR in Minnesota freezes over....we get our ringnecks. Last week they were still reporting big numbers.
                            #oddlyspecific

Comment

Hunted the SE Tx coast this morning & it is still slow in the area. did get a limit,but killed every bird that got in range.

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                                Anyone interested in doing a trade hunt with me? Specific's are below.

We are taking kids and my 13yr old nephew to college station area for the Christmas wonderland deal on friday, Staying at Rv park friday night and leaving saturday to stay are there lake house on Livingston saturday night. With all that being said im trying to find a quick hunt for him either in college station area for saturday morning and a Livingston area hunt for Sunday morning. He wants a wood duck drake or mallard pretty bad.

The offer is I hunt the winnie texas area alot. I have a gatortail boat and pull right up to banks and make a easy hunt. We generally always do good. I can take me and 2 people this season for a swap. We normally shoot wigeon, pintail,gadwall, teal, all sorts of divers, mottles, pretty much anything is possible except mallards or woodies. We shot 13 saturday which was canvasback, teal, gadwal and pintails.

Let me know if anyone is interested in doing this. Thanks. 713-898-6289

Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X