No announcement yet.

Live(ish) DIY Flatbed Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great do you have an idea what it it going to weigh?

Comment

Man you’ve got this coming together great. One question though, are you going to have a headache rack and how are you going to mount it?

Comment

Originally posted by rowdybass View Post
        Man you’ve got this coming together great. One question though, are you going to have a headache rack and how are you going to mount it?

Yes sir, it will have a headache rack made out of 2.5” square tube. It’s going to be welded to the top of the front toolbox.

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
        Looks great do you have an idea what it it going to weigh?

That’s a good question. Looking at weights of the material I purchased, I would guess right around 1000lbs.

Comment

Very nice, I really like these style of truck beds. How much roughly do you have in material in it ? You’re doing a awesome job on it.

Comment

Very nice, I really like these style of truck beds. How much roughly do you have in material in it ? You’re doing a awesome job on it.

Thank you sir! I’ve got about $1400 in metal, then about another $400 in latches, lights, weather stripping, and other odds and ends.

Comment

That’s not bad at all, especially when you look at what they cost from the dealer. I know you have time in it too but at least you know how it was built and you are able to build it exactly how you want it. What color are you going with? My CM bed has rhino liner on the flat part, it is really nice for keeping stuff from sliding around.

Comment

That’s not bad at all, especially when you look at what they cost from the dealer. I know you have time in it too but at least you know how it was built and you are able to build it exactly how you want it. What color are you going with? My CM bed has rhino liner on the flat part, it is really nice for keeping stuff from sliding around.

Most likely going to go black. Had several people try to convince me to go white to match the pickup, but I’d like to be able to move it to a future pickup and not be stuck with white.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
                    Ttt

I haven’t forgot about this thread. Haha

Been super busy the last few weeks and haven’t had much time to work on the bed. I’ve gotten everything welded out and cleaned up with a grinder, but not much more progress. Still need to get all the lids made and installed, headache rack, fuel filler bracket, frame mounts, and a few other things. I’ll be out of town Wednesday through Sunday, then I should hopefully be able to get back to work on it after that.

Comment

Awesome fab work

Comment

Got a few things done this evening. I installed the gooseneck hitch lid, welded in the fuel/DEF filler bracket, and then drilled holes for clearance lights and some LED pods.

Comment

This is a beast!

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

Little bit more progress from yesterday. Set it on the truck and got all of the mounting brackets welded on.

Comment

Looks great sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X