PCP 4500 psi air compressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCP 4500 psi air compressors

I wonder what erbody else is using. I don't want to spend a grand for one or even $700 when a simple air cooled unit will fill a 480cc tank.
    Are these any good?

With cooling, it looks like it would take about a week to fill a scuba tank!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
      With cooling, it looks like it would take about a week to fill a scuba tank!
      Pretty sure it would burn up way before you could fill an 80.
      Might do it if you added a couple more fans from an old computer tower power supply.

Comment

I use a yeng hong and added a filter. Had it for a few years, no issues.

Comment

Different end goal, but all the people I am around only fill to 200bar or 3000psi due to this difficulty which a standard scuba tank will do. The precision PCP is a little different animal but here is another option below. I want to say there was one called an Air Venturi as well.
          Also most Fire Departments run 4500psi gear now, so if you know someone they might be able to help you out. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kcwwcb View Post
            Different end goal, but all the people I am around only fill to 200bar or 3000psi due to this difficulty which a standard scuba tank will do. The precision PCP is a little different animal but here is another option below. I want to say there was one called an Air Venturi as well.
            Also most Fire Departments run 4500psi gear now, so if you know someone they might be able to help you out. Good Luck.
            http://www.champchoice.com/store/mai...s&item=BPC4500

This one should work a lot better then the one the OP posted. Look at the Nomad 2. I will look at some of the airgun forums I watch and see if anything is listed.
            You have a price range you are staying in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did a quick look and didn’t see any listed at the moment. It took me about 3 months to find my pcp compressor.

Comment

I use nitrogen. I have a 6000 psi bottle (1.5 cubic feet). I put a regulator on the bottle and set it at 4500 psi, then fill my small carbon fiber tank from the big bottle... I shoot a lot and I can shoot a year before I have to recharge the 6K bottle... You can get 6K bottles from most gas bottle suppliers... I happen to use nitrogen in my business so I can just top off my 6K tank when needed, but you can get them pretty easily... The up side to using nitrogen is that it is dry and you don't have to worry about moisture in the air like you do when pumping air around the Gulf coast... If you pump air and don't use a dessicant/moisture separator, you are asking for trouble with corrosion and seal failure in your gun(s). These precision PCP's don't handle moisture well at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  I use nitrogen. I have a 6000 psi bottle (1.5 cubic feet). I put a regulator on the bottle and set it at 4500 psi, then fill my small carbon fiber tank from the big bottle... I shoot a lot and I can shoot a year before I have to recharge the 6K bottle... You can get 6K bottles from most gas bottle suppliers... I happen to use nitrogen in my business so I can just top off my 6K tank when needed, but you can get them pretty easily... The up side to using nitrogen is that it is dry and you don't have to worry about moisture in the air like you do when pumping air around the Gulf coast... If you pump air and don't use a dessicant/moisture separator, you are asking for trouble with corrosion and seal failure in your gun(s). These precision PCP's don't handle moisture well at all.

That’s a great idea. I totally forgot about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                    That’s a great idea. I totally forgot about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    Great idea. Make sure you can get them filled. I looked into this, the only company near me said I would have to drop the bottle off and pick it up. Turn around time was 1-2 weeks and no telling what bottle I would get back. Just do your research and ask questions of the gas company you are wanting to fill with.

It’s a very good idea.

Comment

In doing my due diligence I read where Air Force is the only Mfgr that says you can use nitrogen in their guns. All the rest that I know about says it will void the warranty. Not sure how they would ever know since nitrogen is and inert gas. I have looked at this possibility and it looks good on paper. A 40 cu ft nitrogen tank at 6000 psi would fill a 480cc tank a bunch of times to 250 bar. That's a lot of shooting at 70-80 shots per fill.
                      I can buy a 40 cubic ft tank already full for just under $200 and add a regulator to control the pressure. After that I would need the correct fittings to attach a fill hose. It's a thought.
                      Last edited by muzzlebrake; 11-10-2021, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I never heard of nitrogen voiding any warranty‼️

Comment

Umarex makes a compressor for under $550 that runs on 110 or 12v. https://www.umarexusa.com/umarex-rea...Page&sa=D&sour

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            I never heard of nitrogen voiding any warranty‼️
                            But but but I read it on the internet so it must be true

Comment

tag

Comment

Working...
                              X