Tell me why this is a bad idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brand new batch of axis 5mm shafts. Sure I could just buy the brass inserts. But…. Ive got some brass the same ID that I’ve cut and sanded to 52 grains apiece. Why not glue them in behind the HIT inserts? Talk me down before I do it!

I don’t know if it’s a good or bad idea, but we think a like

Comment

I’m not seeing too many disadvantages. I’m looking at about 487 at 29 inches with a 125 grizzly stick. 300 g arrow. I’d like to get get plus 515 with about 15 plus FOC. This may work![emoji1787]
      Last edited by Stoof; 10-27-2021, 07:07 PM.

Comment

go for it if your spine is correct

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
          go for it if your spine is correct

300 with a 27.5 draw on a V3 27. About 67.5 draw weight.

Comment

I see no issue, lots of people glue two of the standard alum inserts in there.

Comment

I seen a YouTube video a while back of a fellow stuffing his arrows full of 550 paracord to add weight

Comment

Just do one and shoot it a lot
                See if the glue even holds up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you could cut/file some grooves in them, it would probably help the glue hold better.

Comment

I built one arrow with 50 grains of brass behind the insert and 125 grain heads. I did take Shane's advice and cut some grooves with a pair of dykes. Total weight of 530 grains and right 16% FOC. Works like a charm.

Comment

Bullet hole.

Comment

won't talk ya down, but will hand you a syringe of epoxy and a beer....

Comment

Originally posted by SRK14 View Post
                          I seen a YouTube video a while back of a fellow stuffing his arrows full of 550 paracord to add weight
                          That reminded me, hunters back in the day would pour salt into the arrow shafts to increase weight.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            That reminded me, hunters back in the day would pour salt into the arrow shafts to increase weight.
                            I was looking at using sand in one of my test arrows.

Comment

Working...
                            X