New Mexico Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mexico Question

Hey Everyone! Just moved to Capitan, NM. I’ve got a quick question. Will my 2019-20 hunting license still be valid for turkey season? I was a resident at the time of purchase. Will I be able to use that license, or will I have to have a non-res?

Texas license? Still valid for res until it expires.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckRage View Post
      Texas license? Still valid for res until it expires.
      Yes my Texas license. I’ll be a New Mexico resident when turkey season opens in Texas.

Comment

TTT. Hopefully someone knows.

Comment

Welcome to NM. I live about 2 hours west of you. I’m a varsity baseball coach and Capitan is in our district. Beautiful country!!! You’ll love it!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunt-R View Post
            Welcome to NM. I live about 2 hours west of you. I’m a varsity baseball coach and Capitan is in our district. Beautiful country!!! You’ll love it!
            I’m enjoying it so far! I’ve got mule deer in the front yard, and can see antelope from my porch. Always see a ton of elk and turkeys.

Comment

There's some rules. If you have a NM license plate on your vehicle when you hunt, and you get checked by game warden, be prepared for some questions. I'd call TPWD and get a ruling, or better yet, e-mail and get a ruling in writing.

Comment

I woulda bought a lifetime Texas license before I left

Comment

I talked to a Game Warden, and my license IS valid during turkey season. I will need a Non-resident for the 2020-2021 seasons. Thanks for the replies. I wish I could get a lifetime license, but circumstances and priorities.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X