Sea Tow or Tow boat USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sea Tow or Tow boat USA?

Anybody use either service or have any experience with them? Pros ,Cons or suggestions welcomed. Thanks in advance

I have Sea Tow but never have had to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Better go find some wood fo knock on.

Comment

I had Sea Tow. Had to use it once. Sea Tow didn't have a boat in the Area so they called TOW Boat USA and reimbursed me the cost to use TOW Boat

Comment

Really depends on what port is serviced by what company. The port we fish out of is only covered by Boat US.

Comment

I was gonna get a Sea Tow but ended up with Progressive Sign & Glide coverage. They don't use any single service they leverage anyone in the area. Used it one night out flounder gigging about 2am, called them up and they said standby we'll call back. I got a call back about 10 minutes later they'd woken up someone to come get me. Then they called every 15 minutes until I was out of there. No payment up front, dude just walked up to my boat with a clipboard, I signed, he towed and that was the end of it. Sign & Glide was seriously cheap to add to the boat coverage too, iirc it was like $5/mo on the policy.
            Last edited by justletmein; 01-22-2020, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Sea Tow

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                I was gonna get a Sea Tow but ended up with Progressive Sign & Glide coverage. They don't use any single service they leverage anyone in the area. Used it one night out flounder gigging about 2am, called them up and they said standby we'll call back. I got a call back about 10 minutes later they'd woken up someone to come get me. Then they called every 15 minutes until I was out of there. No payment up front, dude just walked up to my boat with a clipboard, I signed, he towed and that was the end of it. Sign & Glide was seriously cheap to add to the boat coverage too.
                Over the years I have tried them all , what ever port is your primary, I would use them

Wife works at usaa and insured our boat with progressive I like them for the bay system’s

On side note when I fished out of port Mansfield, on days it was to rough to fish offshore, I would pick up some extra money working for the local marinea, running around dropping off 2 stroke oil , 5 gallon gas tank or pulling people off the reef to the channel
                Owners didn’t have a tow boat and would split the price with me

Comment

Tow Boat - I was with kid about 4a going duck hunting. Yeti cup full of coffee spilled toward me while going through a cut. I grounded it into about 3 inches of water. Called and out of there within an hour and still made the am shoot

Comment

Me too. Small price to pay in case something does go wrong.

Comment

This ^^^^..can be somewhat dependent on you service area as to who contract with

Comment

sea tow in my area has far more boats.

Comment

See if your boat insurance can get you a rider. I got one that does everything sea tow does except ow my buddies boat. Cost a lot less than sea tow or tow boat.

Comment

Man, I overheard a conversation of two guys talking about getting a boat unstuck down in Baffin Bay. They were saying if you don't have something like a platinum credit card, those guys won't touch your boat, the will take off and leave you. I swear, they said, it cost something like $15,000 to get their boat unstuck. I have stuck a boat a few times, I was always able to get out and drag the boat out of the mud, **** sure not paying $15,000 to get pulled off a sand bar or out of some mud.
                            I am guessing these deals y'all are talking about are basically the boat equivalent of AAA or a similar service. I guess much cheaper than not having any prepaid service.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                              Man, I overheard a conversation of two guys talking about getting a boat unstuck down in Baffin Bay. They were saying if you don't have something like a platinum credit card, those guys won't touch your boat, the will take off and leave you. I swear, they said, it cost something like $15,000 to get their boat unstuck. I have stuck a boat a few times, I was always able to get out and drag the boat out of the mud, **** sure not paying $15,000 to get pulled off a sand bar or out of some mud.
                              I am guessing these deals y'all are talking about are basically the boat equivalent of AAA or a similar service. I guess much cheaper than not having any prepaid service.
                              I had to be towed several miles and the Tow Capitan said if it weren’t for tow insurance it would have cost $5000 or so. In the wrong dang Business.

Comment

Working...
                              X