No announcement yet.

Company logo on personal truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Also, never take your truck on site. If they want you taking your personal truck on site, they need to compensate you (More than just mileage). Not to mention 99% of owners require company owned and insured vehicles on site only, and personal vehicles are not allowed on site. That is usually spelled out in the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      What are your thoughts on being asked to put company decals on a personal vehicle? I manage a small company but do not own it and receive no compensation for my truck. I just bought a new truck in '19 and really don't want it stickered up. I told them that and said it would be different if they were paying for my truck and insurance. The PM that works for me was asked the same thing and seems to be fine with it. I feel like company logo decals can be a magnet for someone to attempt to cause a wreck thinking they can get something. Besides that, I just don't want decals on my new truck. Am I being petty? How would y'all feel if your company asked you to do that?
      Pretty weak as others have stated.

Maybe get a couple of door magnet logos and charge them $X a week for advertising fees during business hours?

Comment

I wouldn't do it unless they were paying my insurance.

As you pointed out that makes you a potential target with deeper pockets than you really have.

Some folks will gladly bend over to everything their company wants to shove in them, your PM is probably one of those types.

If it's not in your best interest then don't do it.

Have you asked your boss why they want that?

Comment

Keep in mind that some state regulated businesses will not allow magnetic signs.

Additionally, you will want the company's insurance to cover you. (Especially the liability) Which usually means you will be required to carry a higher insurance amount, than many do normally, and once those limits are exhausted the company's insurance kicks in.

You can also get into a taxable gray area if the compensation doesn't reflect actual business use. The IRS has an allowable cost per mile and certain rules. For example, a normal commute isn't business travel.
          Last edited by Billy Bad Bass; 01-22-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Absolutely not

Comment

company logos or decals make a personal truck turn into a business truck and that is a different animal in the insurance world. To an Adjuster looking at your vehicle if you were to get in a wreck the first question is why is this insured under a personal auto policy? I wouldn't do it.

Comment

No way Jose.

I have company trucks with commercial insurance policy and not one of my trucks are sticker ed up.

Comment

Nope, not a freaking chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell them no and blame it on your insurance saying they will not allow it.

Comment

No Way

Comment

Mine is wrapped. Get paid a good sum monthly. You will need a comercial rider on your insurance tho.

Comment

I wont even put a company logo on a truck that im getting paid mileage or allowance on. Da** sure not if they're not even paying me for it.

Comment

Agreed with what everyone else has said... no way would I put a company sticker on my truck... 1 they don't pay 2 you become a target...

I hate to say it but I dont even put hunting stickers on my truck because it makes it a target for people looking for guns... was at a hotel for a hunt and every truck that had hunting stickers on it broken into all other trucks were left alone.

Comment

If they want you in a company truck then they need to buy you one

Comment

Heck no

Comment

Working...
                                X