Hilltop Lakes Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilltop Lakes Hunting

I know we have several members on here that are property owners there and was wondering how their season went?

Following. I always click on the for sale ads for the lots lol

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
      Following. I always click on the for sale ads for the lots lol
      Me too! Keep thinking one day I’ll buy a lot up there.

Comment

Has anyone actually ever killed a deer there? I've been seeing these threads pop up for years and never seen anything other than a few does.

Comment

I've always thought that was an odd spot for lakes to be located

Comment

I wonder if it’s one of two extremes.
            1. It’s such a good deal and great hunting that the locals don’t say anything about it as not to attract new prospective neighbors.
            2. It is a complete fail of a place and that’s the reason the only thing we find on them is for sale ads for dirt cheap.

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
              I wonder if it’s one of two extremes.
              1. It’s such a good deal and great hunting that the locals don’t say anything about it as not to attract new prospective neighbors.
              2. It is a complete fail of a place and that’s the reason the only thing we find on them is for sale ads for dirt cheap.

Lol
              I e always thought along those same
              Lines. I guess if nothing else there’s lakes to fish in.

Comment

I have a lot out there, just bought last year and never got the chance to hunt it (had another place I hunt also). I did see deer in the area on every visit.

Comment

Originally posted by ontarget View Post
                  I have a lot out there, just bought last year and never got the chance to hunt it (had another place I hunt also). I did see deer in the area on every visit.
                  Have you had a chance to fish there any?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Has anyone actually ever killed a deer there? I've been seeing these threads pop up for years and never seen anything other than a few does.

I was told bucks are pretty much off limits except for just a few permits given out to a select few. It’s mostly hog and doe hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                      Have you had a chance to fish there any?
                      I grew up fishing those lakes 35 years ago when I was a kid. Caught a ton of fish on the golf course ponds. The bass tore up a crankbait.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
                        I grew up fishing those lakes 35 years ago when I was a kid. Caught a ton of fish on the golf course ponds. The bass tore up a crankbait.
                        There isn't any bass in those lakes worth speaking of.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          There isn't any bass in those lakes worth speaking of.
                          My grandparents lived by Cherokee Lake. I could ride a bike and fish off the pier. My favorite place to fish was hole #14 by the green.

Comment

Hole 14 by the green is a good place. We have several lots up there. Never hunted them but see plenty deer. We used to fish all the time, now we just play golf.

Comment

I was trying to buy a lot there off TBH a few years ago. Never managed to get the details on what the next step was.

Would still like to buy one. Even if I can only camp out, shoot pigs/does, and fish. I could actually afford it vs a lease. Have not shot a pig or deer in a few years.

Anybody has one for sale let me know!

Comment

Working...
                              X