Harvested timber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvested timber?

We've got 5k acres between Marshall and Karnak and it's a timber ranch, no cattle just timber. They cut some pine and hardwood logging about 1/2 the land. We also had a pipeline removed because of asbestos that ran the length of the place.

With all this activity and change we've seen fewer deer and hogs. In y'alls experience will they come back and how long will it take for them to readjust to the changes.

Thanks

They haven’t left, just being more secretive due to all the activity.

Comment

All that roughed up ground is going explode in great brows, the deer will be there when it does

Comment

Great thing about clear land is you can find the trails they use, a lot easier....find the ones that are going to the thick cover. They there. Most activity in that cleared area will be at night since it is now open. Use this opportunity to your advantage to see things you may have never been able to recognize/see before.

Comment

No worries. The deer will eat the new browse. It won’t take long for the brush to grow up enough to make deer feel comfortable bedding in it also.

Comment

I like hunting clear cuts no problem from my experience

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              No worries. The deer will eat the new browse. It won’t take long for the brush to grow up enough to make deer feel comfortable bedding in it also.
              Agree, it will create some good habitat. Deer will be attracted to these areas.
              Last edited by Peta-hata; 01-23-2020, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X