• Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Coyote Kill Thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Killed one after work this evening.

Comment

Shot another behind the house last night, buzzards helped me find her after work this afternoon.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
          Not sure. I went out and found where it had crawled around, trying to get up. Most have died in place but I've had a couple crawl off and die away from where it was hit. I haven't seen any buzzards over my property, so I assume it crawled off. I've seen a big boar pig (on camera) for several months randomly passing through my place as well as a good sized bobcat. I wouldn't put it past the pig, but I doubt a bobcat would go after a yote.

I don't want to go with a larger caliber as I only have 4 acres and neighbors all around.
          A hog may have moved it/ate it. I'm sure they would they eat everything else. A .22lr will kill one if you hit it just right. They're tough animals but if you get one in the brain,throat or lungs they're done for.

I remember when my brother was about 13 or 14 he shot a coyote with a Remington pump action .22 at around 100 yards. He hit it in the lung and it did the death run and piled up. It's all about where you put that bullet.

Comment

Shot one at 15 steps this evening. He ran in and bit the call and stood there looking down at it. He couldn't figure out what that plastic contraption was. But I didn't give him very much time to think about it either. He tilted his head to the side in confusion just as a Hornady 52 grain BTHP was gaining speed.

Last edited by okrattler; 02-02-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Two for my daughter and I two weeks ago. Was busy in January so I’m alittle slow getting going this new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got one this past weekend at the house 27

Comment

Finally broke my bad luck streak. 28 at my neighbors. Female.
                  Attached Files

Comment

31, killed 3 in the snow wednesday afternoon. Wish I could have called that night we would have hammered them. Called up 4 in 5 stands and seen 2 more out messing around just driving between stands. That snow hunting sure is fun though. Almost made me jealous of you folks up north that get to hunt in it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                      31, killed 3 in the snow wednesday afternoon. Wish I could have called that night we would have hammered them. Called up 4 in 5 stands and seen 2 more out messing around just driving between stands. That snow hunting sure is fun though. Almost made me jealous of you folks up north that get to hunt in it all the time.

Same o should have at least 2 more but never got a shot off on a doubly I called in. Came from crosswind side.

Comment

Female at a urine "post" (bush) that my dog found, with a little Cavin's Violator 7 for an added attractant.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200207_185052.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	24608215

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200207_185104.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	24608216

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                          It's sure easy to see them coming in over snow. It's a good time to call them over open ground they won't cross in daylight. It's kind of funny you hardly ever see them on plowed up ground up here but once snow covers it they'll go across it like they would any other field. Right after or right before a snow storm is my favorite time to go callin.

Any kind of bad weather though really. A few years ago my brother and I called in 12 in one day right before a bad ice storm.
                          Last edited by okrattler; 02-07-2020, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Good male. Out in the valley.
                            Attached Files

Comment

34. Shot this one mid January. Scale verified 55 lbs.
                              Attached Files

Comment

2020 Coyote Kill Thread.

I got #35 on Saturday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X