Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2020, 08:53 AM   #1
savin yours
Pope & Young
 
savin yours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Lampasas
Default New thunderBeast suppressor, perfect for APR.

This one looks very interesting! Full auto, quieter than and ultra 7 and rated for shorter barrels, 12oz, same repeatable long range performance. This one looks just about perfect. https://thunderbeastarms.com/products/dominus-sr
I have been very happy with my ultra 7, so this will probly be my next one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default

$1500? Lol
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:32 AM   #3
savin yours
Pope & Young
 
savin yours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Lampasas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
$1500? Lol
I did say it was "just about" perfect
savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 09:33 AM   #4
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savin yours View Post
I did say it was "just about" perfect
Iíll take 2 nomads instead lol

I have liked the TBAC cans but they are insanely overpriced for what they are
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:12 AM   #5
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
Iíll take 2 nomads instead lol

I have liked the TBAC cans but they are insanely overpriced for what they are
How would you compared to a Sandman TI? heard the suppresson on the best sandman is one of the quietest on the market

I have an Omega now and looking for something a tad quieter
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #6
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Woodlands
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
$1500? Lol
No joke!

Always been a fan but that is steep for being able to essentially get 2 solid cans for that price.
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:14 AM   #7
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Georgetown Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
How would you compared to a Sandman TI? heard the suppresson on the best sandman is one of the quietest on the market

I have an Omega now and looking for something a tad quieter
Man itís been awhile since Iíve shot the sandman. Iíll ask a guy that has a ton of experience with DA stuff to chime in.
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 11:02 AM   #8
ATXArcher
Eight Point
 
ATXArcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Burnet
Default

At 9.6 oz and $1235 I am more interested in the CB version. Iím not an operator who needs mag dump capability. A repeatable, lightweight, durable can for use while calling coyotes is huge for me. Being shorter than the Ultra 7 but quieter is a plus for me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ATXArcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 11:20 AM   #9
TX03RUBI
Ten Point
 
TX03RUBI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Hall County
Default

Ray has been teasing bits of this can for the last couple of weeks. I was curious what it was going to be, even though I had a pretty solid idea. TBAC makes a mighty fine can, so I canít knock them on that. Interested to hear it perform.

GingiB IMO go Nomad. Shooting the Nomad side by side to the Sandman Ti I can tell a difference personally. The numbers show the Ti to be slightly quieter though. Shooting the Nomad side by side the Omega, and the difference is VERY noticeable.

By the way I just posted a brand new Sandman Ti for sale in the classifieds for $100 cheaper than youíll find it in store. Still on a form 3.
TX03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 06:08 PM   #10
savin yours
Pope & Young
 
savin yours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas
Hunt In: Lampasas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX03RUBI View Post
Ray has been teasing bits of this can for the last couple of weeks. I was curious what it was going to be, even though I had a pretty solid idea. TBAC makes a mighty fine can, so I canít knock them on that. Interested to hear it perform.



GingiB IMO go Nomad. Shooting the Nomad side by side to the Sandman Ti I can tell a difference personally. The numbers show the Ti to be slightly quieter though. Shooting the Nomad side by side the Omega, and the difference is VERY noticeable.



By the way I just posted a brand new Sandman Ti for sale in the classifieds for $100 cheaper than youíll find it in store. Still on a form 3.


What does it take to do the form 3, on my end? Still a 12 month wait?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
savin yours is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 06:10 PM   #11
TX03RUBI
Ten Point
 
TX03RUBI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Hall County
Default

You wouldn’t do anything for the form 3 besides tell your dealer to send me his information. From there I submit the form 3 transfer (SOT to SOT) to the ATF. Once approved I’d mail your dealer the can, then he could begin your form 4 paperwork.
TX03RUBI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 06:48 PM   #12
duckmanep
Pope & Young
 
duckmanep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Northeast TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by savin yours View Post
What does it take to do the form 3, on my end? Still a 12 month wait?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And don't forget to ask your dealer what they charge for NFA transfers. They are typically more than normal firearm transfers.
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 07:06 PM   #13
meltingfeather
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: austin
Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily
Default

Overpriced out the wazoo.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com