No announcement yet.

New Savage 110 with Proof barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My jury is still out when it comes to wrapped barrels. That said, if I am looking for the most accurate out of the box rifle, Savage is the first one I consider. Everyone I ever owned or own now are all under .5 and one being .25 moa.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      My jury is still out when it comes to wrapped barrels. That said, if I am looking for the most accurate out of the box rifle, Savage is the first one I consider. Everyone I ever owned or own now are all under .5 and one being .25 moa.

I have a Savage 260 with a Shaw barrel that shoots in the twos.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Want !!!

Comment

I have no doubt it’ll shoot great but that stock is awful

Comment

Stock is awful but its in the running for sure. Been eying a T3X superlite really hard. almost 3/4 pound lighter, but have to decide if I want a wrapped barrel and to spend the extra coin.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
              Saw this new model the other day and got pretty excited about it. Only issue is right now the only caliber available is .308. I wish they would bring back the classic walnut stock 14/114’s and 11/111’s. I love my savage’s they all shoot great.

308 is not the only option. If you are looking at it on an iPhone for some reason you can’t see all of the caliber options listed on the far left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              Last edited by Mike D; 01-15-2020, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I may buy one of for no other reason than to be able to easily change barrels.

I’ve been wanting to buy a Savage to play with that option.

Comment

Definitely interesting- I wasn't a fan of how they cut weight to create the LWH and it looks like they did the same thing on this rifle to lighten up the action. The LWH I felt was disappointingly rough and seemed to bind easily.

BUT- The Long Range Hunter in 6.5x284 that I bought when I started reloading was definitely extremely accurate and needed only minimal load development.

If you want a PROOF on your Savage don't limit yourself to factory-- Proof has been offering Savage Pre-Fits for awhile and I think they are up to 17 cartridge choices.

Comment

Looks like a pretty slick deal for an ultralight rifle. It says they are blueprinted from the factory. Swap the stock out and you have a cheap version of a custom rifle.

Comment

Any idea yet if any 110 stock will fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        I may buy one of for no other reason than to be able to easily change barrels.

I’ve been wanting to buy a Savage to play with that option.

You can buy pre fit savage proof research barrels on stockys already. I think that is why savage came out with this rifle. I’m sure they were loosing out on the market that’s out already out there.

Edit: duck beat me too it.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                          Any idea yet if any 110 stock will fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I don’t see why it wouldn’t, looks to be the standard 110 long action with 5.062 hole spacing, just skeletonized.

Comment

Lol typical savage. Horribly ugly. Bolt has a ton of parts. Did I mention ugly?

Comment

Working...
                            X