Snow Goose meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow Goose meat

Going on a conservation hunt in a couple weeks in Stuttgart. How does the meat on a snow goose compare to a Canadian?

I’ve never been a cannibal, but snow goose can make pretty good sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
      Going on a conservation hunt in a couple weeks in Stuttgart. How does the meat on a snow goose compare to a Canadian?
      One tastes like ****. The other one tastes like Canadian ****.

Comment

I've only had snow goose once, but didn't taste any difference. I will say, I've already almost cleaned out my freezer of goose this year. Everything people have said negative of goose was just flat out wrong. it was delicious. We have absolutely enjoyed it.

Comment

I make jerky out of mine. Enough marinade and smoke and you can’t tell what it is.

Comment

Cook in a gumbo

Comment

im going to stuttgart last week of february, i usually make jerky out of snow geese but my friend made it on the grill last week and it was like steak, i know he used seasoning like garlic, salt lick, and lemon pepper , i was the first time i had it on a grill and it was awesome. please report back on how your trip went,

Comment

This is a great recipe for goose.

If I had a signature dish, this steakhouse goose recipe would probably be it. This is the same method I mentioned on a MeatEater Podcast episode, and a recipe I get a lot of requests to share. The 2018 conservation hunts left me with a freezer full of snow geese, so I cook this dish regularly. When...

Comment

Soaked in buttermilk for a while and chicken fried is **** good

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Filet the breasts and cut them into strips. Soak them in milk or buttermilk overnight, then marinate in your favorite marinade for a few hours. Take the strips, place it on a half jalapeno pepper with a spread of cream cheese in it. Wrap it in bacon like you would dove, and grill till done. Voila! People who say they don't like duck or geese will eat these poppers up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      One tastes like ****. The other one tastes like Canadian ****.
                      Lol. Your giving **** a bad name.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Filet the breasts and cut them into strips. Soak them in milk or buttermilk overnight, then marinate in your favorite marinade for a few hours. Take the strips, place it on a half jalapeno pepper with a spread of cream cheese in it. Wrap it in bacon like you would dove, and grill till done. Voila! People who say they don't like duck or geese will eat these poppers up!!!
                        Well, hell yeah. If you put enough jalapeno, cream cheese and especially bacon with an pickled *****hole, people will eat it up.

Comment

I’ve never eaten geese, but a friend of mine took several clients goose hunting and arranged to have them smoked and delivered to the clients. The processor’s business caught fire and burned down, destroying all the geese. My friend was glad ! True story.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                            I’ve never been a cannibal, but snow goose can make pretty good sausage.

I see what you did there....

Agreed on all geese going into the sausage piles. Its pretty **** good there.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Well, hell yeah. If you put enough jalapeno, cream cheese and especially bacon with an pickled *****hole, people will eat it up.
                              Cut it out! I am in no mood to loll.

Comment

Working...
                              X