No announcement yet.

Jackson Hole, WY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teton Springs Lodge and Spa, it’s just over the pass in Victor ID. We go every year and would be what you are looking for I believe, also amazing fly fishing....

Comment

Winter in Jackson Hole is made for many exciting things you normally wouldn't get to do, if you come in summer. Both downhill or cross country skiing, snowmobiling, scenic and wildlife tours, lots of restaurants, and great bars. All the motels and lodges will be good, and can vary from low cost chains up to deluxe lodges. Snow King Resort is good, and the ski hill is right there in town. Very small, and steep as hell, but convenient. Jackson Hole ski area is across the valley and is gorgeous. Ride the tram up for an incredible view of the entire valley and surrounding mountains. Huge ski area with many runs and as difficult as you want to make it. If you have the time and a rental car, go over the Teton Pass to Victor and Driggs, ski Grand Targhee Resort for incredible powder. A must stop is O'Rourkes Restaurant and Grill on Ski Hill Road right in Driggs. Best steaks, sandwiches and specials around, great craft beers and fine wines. A bunch of the summer rafting companies in Jackson offer winter half or full day wildlife tours (deer/elk/sheep/coyotes/wolves), go on the sleigh ride thru the National Elk Refuge, see the National Wildlife Art Museum (expensive, but beautiful). If you like snowmobiling, go north of Moran Jct. and stop at the Togwatee Mountain Lodge. They offer 1-3 day packages with some of the greatest snow in the West. Good lodging, grill and restaurant, and guided tours. Soak in back country hot springs too. For your flights, check both Jackson and Idaho Falls for prices, rental cars are about the same and IF is only 2 hours drive over to Jackson.

Comment

We stayed at the Four Seasons at the base of the Tetons. Great place to stay. I loved the area and will go back someday

Comment

And don’t forget to go eat pizza in moose! Great pizza with a killer view!

Comment

Originally posted by bk_tradguy88 View Post
            And don’t forget to go eat pizza in moose! Great pizza with a killer view!

Good point. Take an appetite for pizza, because its a thing up there! Cutty’s Grill had some of our favorite if I remember right.

Also, The Bunnery Bakery and Restaurant has some excellent breakfast that we found on our last day there. Wish we had found it much sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Pinky G's pizza was amazing for a day lunch. Don't know if it's still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                Pinky G's pizza was amazing for a day lunch. Don't know if it's still there.
                Pinky G’s was still there last summer, and was great pizza too. It just needs to be in moose with the better views!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                  It’s not the Jackson Hole it was when I was a kid.
                  It’s quickly becoming a liberal haven. I was there in September and couldn’t wait to get out of there.

Sorry I’m no help

I’ve never had anyone discuss their political views with me when I’m there. There are a lot of rich liberals in the area. It’s touristy and busy, but I always enjoy my stays.

OP, you’ll have a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get the breakfast burrito at D.O.G.

Comment

Keep the ideas coming. We are leaving SA in the morning. We are staying at The Lodge at Jackson Hole. Had to book 10 months ago and couldn't find many options for 5 of us. Had a hard time finding a snowmobile trip even 6 months ago. I am guessing it is busy this time of year.

Jason

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Rustic Inn (you want creek side), and we’ve stayed at Love Ridge Condos (you want facing SE corner of elk refuge and take a spotting scope). Lots of good places to eat in town, my favorite is Gun Barrel. Snow mobile trip through Yellowstone when we went saw folks get frostbite (-20). We did snowmobile through Moran and National Forest outside of Yellowstone. Saw a ton of animals and then did a tracked vehicle trip into Yellowstone. To be honest, I had more fun going over Teton Pass into Idaho and down around Palisades Reservoir when it came to site seeing without a crowd.

Comment

I’m north of there in Bozeman. The Yellowstone elk herd are in the Madison Valley to the west.

I can’t help at all with Jackson Hole info. Watch the weather reports if you go exploring- this are is beautiful but snow/ice/wind/temps are very unforgiving.

Sone of the local elk were in my backyard yesterday. There’s been 400-500 across the street since August. No hunting on that private land- of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok. Mid trip update. The scenery is as beautiful as I remember, probably more. The town is so liberal that I can assure you that my hard earned dollars will not come back here, I know everybody has there own limit. We are enjoying all the wildlife. We did the sleigh ride today and will snowmobile the Gros Ventre on Friday. We are planning on skiing (going to lessons) all day tomorrow.

Liberty burger was great today for lunch. They have a great staff and great food.

PinkyGs was mediocre for dinner and everybody in my family prefer domino's. Now my daughters stomach is saying it doesn't like their pizza either. The waitstaff couldn't wait to run all the customers out to go home and didn't hide this fact to the customers, after we ordered and paid.

Christmas dinner tomorrow is booked at the "Local Restaurant and bar." And the next day at the "Gun and Barrel". I expect them to be excellent all the way around as we had a hard time getting a reservation for Christmas day and couldn't get one on Christmas eve.

More to come after we are back in God's country. Merry Christmas all.

Jason

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Was frigid when I was up there last year this time of year, lows were around -20 with wind chills around -40. Liberty burger was pretty good the Mexican place next door sucked. My wife bought me a bunch of furniture for my man cave at Wild West designs in Jackson, you need to check that place out, had lots of neat things to see.

Comment

Thanks for all the information, it’s a great help. I think we’ve got it narrowed down to a couple places to stay. The food recommendations are continually welcomed, I like to eat good food! I’ll be referencing this thread while we’re there.

Also, never being in weather that cold what clothing is best? I’ll have layers but will a regular Carhartt jacket work? I despise the cold by the way..

Comment

Working...
                                X